Skip to content

Remove gender restrictions on portraits

Probably gonna get some hate, but I'd like to see the portraits not locked to certain genders.
There's no real reason to limit players in this way.

This is supposed to make it in the Trello for votes or whatever, I hop I am posting in the right place.

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    edited January 2018
    I don't think you're going to get any hate for the idea. You do know this is a 30 second mod of portraits.2da, right? You just change the gender field from 0 (male) or 1 (female) to 2 (both).

*Edit* and then pop your edited portraits.2da in override or hak, obviously.
  • UmbersonaUmbersona Member Posts: 8
    By opening it up and not requiring modification, you're really only just increasing player customization.
  • PhoosyPhoosy Member Posts: 3
    Having all the portraits being dumped into one pool would bloat the amount you have to scroll through to pick out what you'd like (without resorting to nested folders to reduce that dastardly load time when hitting the portrait section of character creation) - instead, I'd propose a UI change to allow users to load portraits by the existing 3 filters so you can still select all of them but it only loads/displays the ones that are flagged by the filter selected. Keeps the existing "functionality" for organization and gives player the option to disregard it at their whim, but probably over complicates the issue.

Perhaps something like the way the toolset currently loads portraits when editting areas or creatures?
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    "Hate", no less!
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Better ask for gui filter switch like the toolset options of Male/Female/both/other/none that at the top of the portrait selection screen so you pick anything and it filtered for speed.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on