Skip to content

Guardians of Aerie

marilithmarilith Member Posts: 25
Few years ago, i started having thoughts of assembling perfect companions (melee-oriented) who would protect Aerie, and so i settled with Keldorn, Valygar, Mazzy, Haer'Dalis and me (human cavalier). It was fun and interesting to roleplay this game in this way, like Aerie was some kind of princess, and she had guardians. Also i think her quest could be developed further, like her circus captors would have returned and wanted her back in the circus and so on.

So, how would you assemble perfect party for Aerie?
Post edited by marilith on

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Charname S/B, Edwin, Korgan and Viconia.

And roleplay that she is in the "Cinderella" part of her character arc.
    You can come rescue her later.
    We would guard her very well, who else have we got to cook, clean and tease?

thing is, I don't dislike Aerie at all, it's just fun to pretend that you do.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I would grab Minsc along too.

Viconia, in your setup.
  • marilithmarilith Member Posts: 25
    Yes, Minsc could be loyal to her, because he likes to call her his witch. Maybe even Wilson the Bear could do, or Jaheira. By the way, i much prefer her BG1 portrait.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Arunsun said:

I would grab Minsc along too.

Viconia, in your setup.
    Nah, just have to waste resources killing him before he attacked Edwin. :)

Viconia doesn't cook/clean, what on earth do you think my charname and her have the men along for?
    Korgan can whip up a fantastic casserole and Edwin uses magic for cleaning duties.

The only reason we use Aerie is to give her something to do, make her feel less useless, give her a break from being the butt of jokes.

@marilith is coming to rescue her later anyway. ;)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Viconia cooks really well on the stake.

Would "sick burn!" be a little too on the nose?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Imoen, Mazzy, CHARNAME (cavalier, inquisitor, or dwarven defender), Anomen, Keldorn. Though I could easily see Valygar instead of Keldorn.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    tbone1 said:

Imoen, Mazzy, CHARNAME (cavalier, inquisitor, or dwarven defender), Anomen, Keldorn. Though I could easily see Valygar instead of Keldorn.

I think with Valygar's hatred of magic, I can't see him as a personal guardian to a cleric/MAGE. Maybe way later in his character arc.

Also I don't think Jaheira fits the bill either. She wants Aerie to toughen up and protect herself, as evident from their banters.

Minsc because she becomes his new witch, Mazzy/Keldorn because they protect the innocent, and for romantic (or carnal, depending on the tiefling's whim) purposes Haer'Dalis are the most suitable, I think.

Viconia, CN Anomen and Korgan and ofcourse, Dorn/Hexxat, are entirely no-go, Jan is in his little world even though Aeries shows him reverence, Neera is not suitable unless Aeries is a wild mage, but then again, I love how Korgan's and Aerie's banters develop in tob. Seems a bit like tough love.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @lunar I was thinking of Valygar after his quest. Remember, he starts to question his previous views, and with Aerie being the nicest person you might in all the realms, it could work.