Skip to content

Inconsistent equipment/char stats transfer behaviour after Korlasz' Tomb

KerianthaKeriantha Member Posts: 8
edited January 2018 in Troubleshooting
So before leaving Korlasz' Tomb, I read various threads on this forum regarding the transfer of equipment; my conclusion was that the intended behaviour was that all unequipped items would be transferred to the chest in the Ducal Palace, while equipped items would be found on the character if and when it could be recruited later in the game.
It worked exactly like that with Safana - when I recruited her in the Elfsong Tavern, she had all items equipped which she had equipped when I left Korlasz' Tomb, while her inventory was empty, the items having been transferred to the chest in the Ducal Palace.
To my surprise and disappointment (I had invested a few hours of playtime in between), when I recruited Minsc in the Three Old Kegs, not only did he have none of the items equipped, but he was also set back stat-wise, being a level 6 ranger instead of the level 8 ranger I left in Korlasz' Tomb.
Is this a bug?
I have to add one thing, though: in my BG final save, which I imported to SoD, I had only Minsc in my party, not Dynaheir (I did not want her in my party since my main character is a mage, and I had her removed from the party via death through massive damage by an enemy so I did not lose the party slot). Could Minsc maybe have 'reset' because of that?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This is a bug, which should be fixed for the next version of SoD:
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22815
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22244

If you want to see your save fixed, please, zip and attach it here.
  • KerianthaKeriantha Member Posts: 8
    Many thanks! I would actually like my save to be fixed because I am keen to continue playing! I attached my save file (after the 'wrong'/default Minsc joined my party). Thank you very much in advance!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Do you have a save just before leaving Korlaz's tomb?
    Yes, I do (see attached zip)! Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. Your efforts are much appreciated!
    Here's the fix from our QA ( @Balquo ).

You will have to play from this point however, so hopefully you didn't do too much in the city before meeting up with Minsc.

For everyone encountering the same issues, - while they will be fixed in the next patch, they will only work with a brand new BG:EE game, so any existing saves could still be an issue when the patch 2.5 is released.
    Many thanks, really appreciated! I will try it out tonight (didn't do that much before recruiting Minsc, no).
    Follow-up question: in my fixed save, is the issue now fixed for other characters as well (I heard that you can later recruit Khalid, for instance)? Cheers!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Khalid should be fine.
    Thanks for the quick response! You guys are great, I am really impressed with your 'customer service'!
    P.S.: I just tried it, Minsc is now as he should be when I recruit him in the tavern. Thanks again!
  • DrJ44DrJ44 Member Posts: 2
    I installed SoD on my iPad recently (version 2.5), and still have the same issue. After recruiting Minsc and Dynaheir in the three kegs their equipment and stats are reverted to default. Am I missing something?
    @DrJ44 When did you start your BG:EE playthrough? How did you import your character? Did you have Minsc and Dynaheir at the end of BG:EE in your party?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2019
    @DrJ44 and @JuliusBorisov
    I dont seem to have that issue when I import my save game - the problem seem to be there if you “just” import your character.

Just did a test, and can confirm that importing the savegame ensures that NPC’s keep their equipment if you import your savegame - not just your character.

Either way I still have a problem with the proficiency points. When I import my save game with Khalid, he has 4 proficiency points in longsword - he is planned for a fifth point and grandmastery at level 9. When I pick him up at the fort he has 3 proficiency points.
    Yes, if you import your character, those variables don't transfer - they just are not saved in the file. The import of the save game is different.

The proficiency sounds like a bug which should be reported with 2 saves (one from BG:EE, and the second from SoD).
  • DrJ44DrJ44 Member Posts: 2
    @DrJ44 When did you start your BG:EE playthrough? How did you import your character? Did you have Minsc and Dynaheir at the end of BG:EE in your party?

I imported the saved game from the end of Baldur gate. Minsc and Dynaheir are in the party. At the import in the prologue, all the items, proficiencies and stats are transferred but after I meet again later at the three kegs, they revert to default stats/equipment/spells etc.

edited March 2019
    DrJ44 wrote: »

I imported the saved game from the end of Baldur gate. Minsc and Dynaheir are in the party. At the import in the prologue, all the items, proficiencies and stats are transferred but after I meet again later at the three kegs, they revert to default stats/equipment/spells etc.
    @DrJ44 and @JuliusBorisov
    Did some more tests and can now confirm a bug. It occurs if you try to load a game any time before you pick up a npc:

If you dont load a game, the NPC will keep its proficiencies, equipment, spells and all.
    Here is Dynaheir and Minsc in a no load before pick up situation:
    mdj7uh511vf8.png
    xfnuq1t4er8w.png

If I load a autosave or any other savegame befrie picking up a NPC this happens:
    vqlakg81xzl8.png
    05c7i8uunh0h.png

This must be the same that I reported accured with Khalid. Loading reverts a NPC to its default status. I will try to upload a savegame - but its difficult on iPhone only.

While I am at it. If you look at this perhaps a bag of holding in the prolouge could help B). All containers are stripped, and the gembag is not much of a help... the iOS users are set back compaired to other users
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    I have tried to upload a ticket:
    https://www.redmine.org/issues/31011.
    Hope its done in the right manner
    I have tried to upload a ticket:
    https://www.redmine.org/issues/31011.
    Hope its done in the right manner

Hmm, can you please report it at support.baldursgate.com ? I'm not sure "redmine.org" is for our games.
    edited March 2019
    Can you attach saves to the ticket, @StummvonBordwehr ?
    edited March 2019
    @JuliusBorisov
    I have now attached two save games
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on