Skip to content

Toolset Guides

So for new people who want to start using the toolset, this page has links to guides.

The tutorial link on that page goes to the nwn.bioware.com site. But fortunately, the tutorials are saved here.

If anyone knows of any other resources for people just learning the toolset, that'd be great. :)

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    I'd start with the Guide to Building volume 1 and 2 which are available from that site.

For scripting tutorials and reference, the Lexicon is handy.

Later on, the Custom Content Guide is an excellent starting point if you want to make new assets for the toolset.

The NWN University is a comprehensive reference library, for more experienced builders to dip into as the need arises.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited December 2017
    I totally forgot about the Lexicon and NWN University. Thanks. :)
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for this, scanned a few and found some useful info. I had no idea the patrol route system was so complex. That gives rise to a whole new possible series of quests and events I can create. Thanks again!
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Given the title of this thread I am a little surprised that neither "The Guide to Building Volume I – The Aurora Toolset Manual" nor "The Guide To Building Volume II The Design Manual" have been mentioned as I consider these two to be essential reading for module creators.

Also, earlier this year I collected some old documentation together and uploaded it here - "Ancient Bioware PDF Tutorials" and "Just The FAQs, ma'am". This latter covers Neverwinter Nights SCRIPTING FAQ & TUTORIALS.pdf (188 Pages, 36 articles) - Mainly by David Gaider and Neverwinter Nights Newbie FAQ #2.pdf (103 Pages, 102 Questions Answered) - Mainly by Jasper. There is also the Neverwinter Nights Technical FAQ on there as well. All came from the old nwn.bioware site.

TR
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I linked to the page that links to those guides, though? They weren't explicitly mentioned but if you go to the first link in my first post, you can find the links to both on that page.
  • Dreadlord_AnwynDreadlord_Anwyn Member Posts: 48
    I may sound like an idiot asking this - but I just got the beamdog version and have been using GOG. How do you access the toolset? I didnt see anything but a play button and I looked in the folder but its a bit different in there now.
  • Dreadlord_AnwynDreadlord_Anwyn Member Posts: 48
    NVRmind of course then I find it