Skip to content

Where do I find the DAT files? For EE Keeper?

As you all know, EE Keeper doesn't show effects unless its installed into the DAT file folder...I'm clueless as to where the DAT files are located.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Borg_DealerOfDeath, not sure what you mean. I have EEKeeper installed into it's own folder and have it setup for about 5 different games. In the folder is a file called 'bgEEEffects.dat'.

If you mean that the program isn't picking up everything for your game, then it may only be the pointers to the games and saved games folders. If you start the app, open Settings, Installation Directory, you can check to make sure the paths are correct for your install.

If I am coming at this from a completely wrong angle, I can be realigned...
    Gus
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited January 2018
    Set the install folder parameter in EEkeeper to the folder with the chitin.key file.

The saves should be, by default in a separate folder within my documents
  • Borg_DealerOfDeathBorg_DealerOfDeath Member Posts: 79
    I want to thank both Gusinda and Arunsun for their helpful hints. For some unknown reason, the bgEEEfects.dat file went to my Kodi installation file ... why it did that, I have no idea. When I took notice of that...I simply "Copied" that file and installed it in the main file with the Chitin.key file folder and magically, it now works. Without you guys pointing me in the right direction, I would have not found it. Thank You ..really Thank You~!!!