Skip to content

[MOD] Samurai Kit v1.5 *UPDATED*

Comments

• GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    CrevsDaak said:

I would make it a fighter kit since that will require less coding.

Yes and no, the fallen status associated with the paladin and ranger kits I believe is hardcoded?
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    very nice, I can't wait to play it! :)
    @Greener
    So did you decide to keep the ki ability at 18/00 strenght or you are thinking to change it?
    and about the level 6 ability to scare the enemies, how does it work? is it like an horror spell?
    maxi said:

So did you decide to keep the ki ability at 18/00 strenght or you are thinking to change it? and about the level 6 ability to scare the enemies, how does it work? is it like an horror spell?

I have made two versions, one with each version of the ki ability, my hopes is to offer the option upon installation

Yes. the cause fear ability is the horror spell with the target is set to everyone except party
    very good! I hope someone can help you soon to finish it! as soon as it's ready let me know, I would like to try it!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Greener I thought of making another separate class for the Ronin, and giving him different abilities, just an idea that crossed my mind. Also it will be good since a Fighter kit needs less working on disabling things and much more in easy ability gaining.
    edited January 2014
    Kit now available...see first page
    Post edited by Greener on
    downloaded! but I have one question: I am playing BGEE in italian, what will happen when I install the kit? should I play it in english or there is a way to play it in italian with the new kit in english?
    It's only built for english to date...
    Installed and it work. is there a chance to choose between the 2 different kai abilities?
    Not yet, hopefully soon
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Am I the only person who thought Ajantis was a samurai?
    I think I may download this and eeKeeper him into it!
    @Greener
    are you planning to make a different version with a different kai ability? :)
    A different version is already built, but I'm waiting for assistance in converting it to weidu, at which point I hope to allow the player to select which version of the Kai they would like to install the PnP or the other
    ok, I'll wait for it! :)
    I've played through to Baldur's Gate City, it's a fun kit, dual wielding a katana and a wakazashi is rather deadly...
    still no one helped you converting it to weidu mr. Greener?
    I really would like to try the kit with the other kai ability :) it seems fun!
    Unfortunately not
    The kit has been play tested through BGEE and BG2EE and refined slightly.

The Kai and Great Kai abilities remains as is.

ADDED
    At the 12th level +2 THAC0 bonus to offhand

I have also installed weapon proficiency rebalancing from the BG Tweaks which moves the Wakazashi proficiency to Katana and Ninja-to to the short sword proficiency
    edited July 2014
    Fixed..
    Updated...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @Greener, there are several issues with this mod in his current form, mostly affecting compatibility with other mods, but the most severe of them is that you are copying AR0602 without checking if the game is BG1 or BG2. It looks like you did some changes to Irenicus's Dungeon (1st floor), but in BG1 the same area code is used by Seven Suns (2nd floor), so your mod will break that area and the corresponding quest.

Additionally, even if you fix the issue by checking for the game before copying, it may still cause compatibility problems with other mods altering Irenicus's Dungeon (1st floor). The correct way to handle this is to patch the area in the tp2 instead of simply copying it.

Look here for an example of how to patch an area to add an item to a container without having to replace the whole area.
    Greenerlolien
    Erg said:

@Greener, there are several issues with this mod in his current form, mostly affecting compatibility with other mods, but the most severe of them is that you are copying AR0602 without checking if the game is BG1 or BG2. It looks like you did some changes to Irenicus's Dungeon (1st floor), but in BG1 the same area code is used by Seven Suns (2nd floor), so your mod will break that area and the corresponding quest.

Additionally, even if you fix the issue by checking for the game before copying, it may still cause compatibility problems with other mods altering Irenicus's Dungeon (1st floor). The correct way to handle this is to patch the area in the tp2 instead of simply copying it.

Look here for an example of how to patch an area to add an item to a container without having to replace the whole area.

Thank you for the feedback, I have pulled the update will attempt to fix the compatibility issue. In the mean time I have reloaded a previous version
    Erg
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Hello I download the samurai mod/kit, is it like the ninja mod/kit, only for Mac? Is it possible to update both mods for pc users also? Both of them looks like a great work :-)

Hello I download the samurai mod/kit, is it like the ninja mod/kit, only for Mac? Is it possible to update both mods for pc users also? Both of them looks like a great work :-)

Good evening, try the attached file...

I do not have a PC to test, but I believe this should work, let me know.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Thank you for the help I will check it soon, take care.
    Updated v1.3
    lolien
  • MarciusVetrackMarciusVetrack Member Posts: 12
    @Greener
    Please, love your great and simple mod, use it all time!
    but with recent updates, it no longer shows up in kits section on character creation
    i tried updating weidu but it doesen't work
    i think you need to update your mod, please check it out!
    cheese!
    edited November 2023
    @MarciusVetrack

Update to v1.4