Skip to content

EET world map - did I do something wrong?

fbencefbence Member Posts: 29
I installed the entire BG:EE, SoD BG:II with EET on ubuntu and just finished playing and am in the beginning of SoD. More precisely, I just got out into the city of Baldur's Gate. I was expecting to get something like this on the world map: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27749, but instead I am on a very new looking map of Baldur's Gate with only access to specific areas. I understand that this is how vanilla SoD operates, so I'm now a bit afraid I might not have done everything correctly. I am also afraid that the armada of stuff I had in the barrel outside the Elfsong Tavern is lost (and since some guys kind of distributed my 100k GP-s amongst the poor, I'd happily dig into that supply :D). Or is this how it should be and I get access to the old maps later?

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    There is no problem here. During the opening scenes in SoD, even EET uses the *reduced worldmap* to guide you through the few city areas covered by the plot.
    Once you start the real campaign and leave the city, the worldmap switches back to normal. However, you can't get back to the city during the SoD campaign and you can't revisit the city areas during BG2 later due to the events that make you flee the city at the end of SoD. There is a mod that opens the city once more in BG2 but without that, it stays off limit.
    Instead of the barrel outside Elfsong you should've chosen maybe Tenya's hut or something outside the city walls.
  • fbencefbence Member Posts: 29
    ah, ok, thanks, I think I'll be able to live with this :) that means at least I have my stuff I left in Beregost. That should be something.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    fbence said:

ah, ok, thanks, I think I'll be able to live with this :) that means at least I have my stuff I left in Beregost. That should be something.

One additional thing in EET is that some items are moved with you in the game. Loot on the ground after Sarevok's defeat is in a pile on the ground in Korlazs tomb after you move to SoD. Selected items from your party when you finish Korlasz tomb is moved into a chest in your room in the Ducal Palace.
    There's also this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryb76gshhvkax3j/EETMoveItemsSoA.zip?dl=1 to move some items from SoD further into BG2. There's also a component in EET_Tweaks to move items.