Skip to content

EET - transition from SoD to BGII - do I get to keep my items?

fbencefbence Member Posts: 29
Do I get to keep my items? I just started and couldn't find any of my stuff ...

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited January 2018
    If you have one of the mod features installed that move items, you find them on a table near the duergars Illych room. (Sandrah mod or EET_Tweaks have features for it).

If not, you can install this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryb76gshhvkax3j/EETMoveItemsSoA.zip?dl=1
    if you have NOT already activated the golem to open the doors. Otherwise install it, let the golem do his job and look at the table mentioned above.

Note that in any case, you get some selected items you might have had before, not all of your inventory.
  • fbencefbence Member Posts: 29
    ok, thanks! So if one would have wanted to make sure, I would have had to place it on some container in Dragonspear Castle? Or is Dragonspear Castle unaccessable later?
    fbence said:

ok, thanks! So if one would have wanted to make sure, I would have had to place it on some container in Dragonspear Castle? Or is Dragonspear Castle unaccessable later?

You have access to it via worldmap as soon as you can leave from the City Gates. Just remember that some areas of SoD are special and cannot be reached other than by scripts during the game (e.g. the final transition areas or the special city areas used during SoD). But you can travel to all the outdoor areas and all caves and buildings with natural entrances.
    edited January 2018

fbence said:

You have access to it via worldmap as soon as you can leave from the City Gates. Just remember that some areas of SoD are special and cannot be reached other than by scripts during the game (e.g. the final transition areas or the special city areas used during SoD). But you can travel to all the outdoor areas and all caves and buildings with natural entrances.
    For example, when you come out of Avernus and put your stuff into the chests near the altar where you saw Caelar's mage pray to his master and you do it before your start the final sequence, you can go there in SoA and pick stuff up - you don't use most of it anyway during the murder and trial and transition scenes.

I won't do it because it spoils the game for me - but technically EET allows for it.
  • fbencefbence Member Posts: 29
    So you're saying it kind of makes the game too easy if you have all your stuff from the beginning? Truth to tell, Irenicus's dungeon would be laughable if I had all my stuff :)
    fbence said:

So you're saying it kind of makes the game too easy if you have all your stuff from the beginning? Truth to tell, Irenicus's dungeon would be laughable if I had all my stuff :)

yes