Skip to content

Candlekeep to the Throne: what’s the easiest solo character?

I’m talking hard difficulty on the vanilla game (I’m using my iPhone, no mods).

My guess would be a berserker, because or the immunities rage gives you, but I wanted to get the opinion of everybody else.

Thanks!

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I'd go dual class rather than single class for a solo run if you want easy. Cleric/mage, cleric/ranger, fighter/mage, fighter/cleric, fighter/thief or fighter/druid are all excellent choices. Fighter/mage/thief is a popular choice for solos also with the benefit of getting the awesome thief HLA's in Throne of Bhaal. Fighter/cleric/mage would be fun as well but I don't have much experience playing that one...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I second the F/M/T, the game can't through anything at you that your character can't solve with its myriad class abilities. And then you can add items on top of that.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I'd say M/T is probably easiest overall, since you'll get Stoneskins and Polymorph Self in BG1 and earlier access to Mislead, Project Image etc in SoA, while you also get to be a Gnome, getting better saving throws against the most frequently targeted save, and +1 spell slot per spell level, which is enormously useful for solo.

Generally the only fights you should be engaging in are opportunistic exp, important loot, and necessary plot encounters. Almost everything can be bypassed with invisibility, handled with wands, or rendered harmless with the right spells, while you will pretty much never want to be in fair combat with anyone or anything to make use of the "Fighter" part of the equation.