Skip to content

Original Spanish dubbing could be included in the BG1 and BG2?

Any chance you'll include the original Spanish dubbing that BG1 and BG2 had?

It is curious that the Icewind Dale has already included it for years but not the BG1 and BG2. I don't think it's something that costs much. The community takes them off the original CDs and overwrites the files. It shouldn't cost the developers much to do that in the installation process.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion. We will investigate whether it is possible to do. But it won't happen for the 2.5 patch.
    Garvin77
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited February 2018
    Didn't Phillip Daigle say Spanish will be added in 2.5 during the last stream (32m23s)?

Does "to float around" mean "to be about to"?
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • AbathornAbathorn Member Posts: 17
    rede9 said:

Didn't Phillip Daigle say Spanish will be added in 2.5 during the last stream (32m23s)?

That would be great. I hope they can include it.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    rede9 said:

No, "to float around" basically means they know it is 'out there' but have not been able to pinpoint it yet. So I wouldn't bank on getting it in v2.5 (as Julius also said). On the other hand, Phil said they're looking into it in relationship to the v2.5 patch so who knows.

Although I expect someone to come up with the #dontbelievehislies tag very soon :smile:

JuliusBorisovGarvin77
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    Remember, this is a man who has self-proclaimed 'Q powers' (a la NWNEE Live-stream 1).
  • AbathornAbathorn Member Posts: 17
    Any update about this topic.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We’ll look into Spanish VO for the original Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II. If we can track down the appropriate source files, we’ll try to re-introduce it in the Enhanced Editions.
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/november-30-livestream-recap.html
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    edited July 2019
    @JuliusBorisov any update?
    JuliusBorisov
    There's no update yet, sorry.