Skip to content

Any Good Modules?

thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
Later today i will be enjoying my NWNEE experience and just wondering if anyone knows of any good modules to play? Also anyone ever make a Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale Neverwinter remake? I would love to try these point me to them plz!!

Comments

• LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    michau said:
    Of those, I heartily recommend Swordflight, Aielund Saga, Crimson Tides of Tethyr and Darkness Over Daggerford to BG fans.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited November 2017
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    My personal favourite is A Dance With Rogues.

Not for everyone, as it has erotic content - more like "Game of Thrones" than "Lord of the Rings".

It changed the RPG genre forever, and really draws out just how interesting the Rogue class can be.
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    I recommend the Aielund Saga by Savant, starting with Nature Abhors a Vacuum. It's my personal favorite, and widely regarded as one of NWN's best campaigns.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Blackguard all three parts is without the doubt the best campaign made for evil characters.

Exceptionally written and it even puts you against known heroes in Forgotten Realms like Drizzt, Storm Silverhand, Aarin Gendt, Deekin and Tsharlura of Blackthorne.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    There's a nice module meant for rogues/assassins called Assassin: Shadows in Shander which has a really appealing story.
    Redrake said:

Blackguard all three parts is without the doubt the best campaign made for evil characters.

Exceptionally written and it even puts you against known heroes in Forgotten Realms like Drizzt, Storm Silverhand, Aarin Gendt, Deekin and Tsharlura of Blackthorne.

I could play it until almost the end when you finally wear the armor/helmet , but those town guards were too high level and using tons of feats (perhaps it was the AI mod that made it so difficult?). Also I wish they had developed more dialogue options for the main character as well as roleplaying opportunities.

Other than that it's a nice mod for an evil blackguard
    DJKajuru said:

Redrake said:

I could play it until almost the end when you finally wear the armor/helmet , but those town guards were too high level and using tons of feats (perhaps it was the AI mod that made it so difficult?). Also I wish they had developed more dialogue options for the main character as well as roleplaying opportunities.

Other than that it's a nice mod for an evil blackguard
    The module was a bit of a let down due to its incompatibility with PRC or CEP.

But the battles usually required a lot of patience and a careful use of all Blackguard's abilities, not simply hack&slash.
    As for roleplaying, I agree, it was next to impossible to design a character for the first level who was not a warrior class (ranger, barbarian or fighter). There was not enough xp to go around and to reach Blackguard levels you need high enough BAB. I remember attempting to create a bard/RDD/Blackguard. It ended up a failure, because as a bard you cannot gain enough BAB in time to get a level of Blackguard.

Redrake said:

The module was a bit of a let down due to its incompatibility with PRC or CEP.

But the battles usually required a lot of patience and a careful use of all Blackguard's abilities, not simply hack&slash.
    As for roleplaying, I agree, it was next to impossible to design a character for the first level who was not a warrior class (ranger, barbarian or fighter). There was not enough xp to go around and to reach Blackguard levels you need high enough BAB. I remember attempting to create a bard/RDD/Blackguard. It ended up a failure, because as a bard you cannot gain enough BAB in time to get a level of Blackguard.

Well, considering that at that point I had defeated Devas, Dragons, demons, Drizzt etc I can't say that I failed due to the lack of trying different tactics. It just felt anticlimactic that town guards were more powerful than Devas and Dragons, but this is a problem I have with 3E where everything gets insanelly powerful .

Also , about the roleplaying part, it is a shame that even if you play a vanilla blackguard you won't feel much of a character development on the evil side : the protagonist is always the sadistic guy who wants to kill everyone. I would add some new vulnerabilities as the game progresses, maybe mental disturbance (he is a psycho, after all) or moral dilemma (kill an ally or spare someone you hate) . Evil people have feelings too, you know.
    Of course, evil people have feelings too. In first chapter you meet an old childhood friend and before you butcher him your character remembers that the victim only thought he was your friend, but you only played with him because his father owned a boat.

And there's also that scene in Chapter 2, where you come upon a small area where there are 2 lovers and you say to him something along the lines of "Hello there! I am sorry to disturb you but I need to take your girlfriend away and sacrifice her to the God the Destruction."

And if you have not finished the Chapter 3, I won't spoil the ending which explains a lot about the nature and source of your evilness.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    The Sands of Fate series is a good way to take your character to the highest levels, particularly if you're fond of Egyptian themed fantasy adventure. I've played it several times.
    Redrake said:

Of course, evil people have feelings too. In first chapter you meet an old childhood friend and before you butcher him your character remembers that the victim only thought he was your friend, but you only played with him because his father owned a boat.

And there's also that scene in Chapter 2, where you come upon a small area where there are 2 lovers and you say to him something along the lines of "Hello there! I am sorry to disturb you but I need to take your girlfriend away and sacrifice her to the God the Destruction."

And if you have not finished the Chapter 3, I won't spoil the ending which explains a lot about the nature and source of your evilness.

Like I said before : he's a psycho all the way. I would definitely add some ups and downs.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    a psychopath, specifically.
    Fingers crossed that NWN EE includes some new things that might make modifications on old modules like Blackguard a feasible option.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    This topic is bringing back so many fun memories!
  • marilithmarilith Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2018
    Blackguard series, Honor among thieves, Bone Kenning, basically all evil modules are the best. Tried playing Swordflight, reached halfway into second chapter, and then i gave up, battles are just way too much hard and frightening/unenjoyable. Of course, there are tons of adult modules, so if anybody likes them it would be good to try some.
    Post edited by marilith on
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited January 2018
    The Shadowlords campaign and its sequel campaign Dreamcatcher were astonishingly good, in my opinion. The second sequel, Demons, was a bit too far fetched for my tastes, so I never finished it, but it certainly wasn't bad. You can find them here.

I see Prophet has already been recommended, and I really meant to get around to beating it. There was a game breaking bug in my playthrough where the game would randomly crash in one of the areas, a mountainside filled with trolls that would revive when they died (while also still granting you experience every time you killed them. :wink: ). I'm hoping it doesn't persist in EE.
  • sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
    "Any good modules?" it's very relative question... if we get the nwn goal we will go for multiplayer. The point of the nwn is multiplayer. All modules single are not enjoying nwn as well.

I have a module multiplayer with multiples difficulties (custom system), but less plot development. Search for Amnesia Chapter 1. It was very buggy when I released the first time, but recently I fixed 150 bugs on it in the most recent version 10.

WhiteTiger
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    saying nwn is all about multiplayer seems like a disservice. it's meant to be a dnd creation tool for campaigns ranging from sp to mp.
  • BlightbourneBlightbourne Member Posts: 1
    Tales of Arterra, return to ravenloft and the bastard of kosigan are really good module series