Skip to content

Anomen Knighthood Bug - Please Help

DivinaDivina Member Posts: 26
Hey everyone. I hope you'll be able to help me. I am playing BG2EE off Steam, patched to the latest version from the start of the game. The game has 3 romance mods on top of it (although I am only actively pursuing one at the moment - Haer'Dalis).

Our favorite psycho-romancer (Anomen) has gotten it into his head that we are an item despite me responding with "Don't be ridiculous" to his Rhodelia offering. Then he tried to bed my CHARNAME, which was of course, refused. THEN he told me he loved me and he expected a pledge. CHARNAME told him she does not love him. The moment I exited the building, my party was hailed by Sir Ryan Trawl who addressed Sir Anomen (he had already achieved his knighthood via the good path) as "Squire Anomen" and informed him that the time had come for his test, summoning him back to the Order.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated on how to resolve this.

Thanks so much,

Divina

Comments

• DivinaDivina Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2018
    Ok I wanted to continue playing so I came up with my own "fix" which I am not sure whether it will work and I am not sure whether it will create bugs in the game... I am posting it here for your review and comments and if my method seems correct then it may also help others facing the same problem in the future.

So what I did was to go back to the save right before his love dialogue was triggered and proceeded to dump his ass. Then brought up the CLUA Console and checked that indeed the parameter was set to 3. Afterwards, and *before* going out of the tavern where I would normally be instantly accosted by Sir Ryan Trawl, I brought up the CLUA Console again and did the following:

C: SetGlobal("AnomenDecide","GLOBAL",3)

and

C:SetGlobal("KillSaerk","GLOBAL",0)

I found those commands in another thread and they should reset his quest after his decision to not kill Saerk (and hopefully already having been tested and found worthy of knighthood...).

So far he appears to have retained his romance status to 3, Sir Trawl no longer appears to hail me upon exit and moreover Anomen seems to have retained his LG alignment and his extra wisdom points.

I really hope that this is the end of it and I do not see a cascade of bugs...
    I am really paranoid about this - this is the first time I CLUA *anything* into the game as I am not handy with programming and I don't know what I am doing. Moreover I am always dubious about messing too much with games lest my precious gaming hours are lost down a bug-infested drain a few days later. But fingers crossed!

Would love to hear your advice or opinions if you have any and would definitely feel better if anyone can confirm my actions should have solved the problem.

EDIT: to add that I had previously tried "lighter" fixes, like kicking Anomen out of the party and/or setting his romance manually to 3 (inactive) via CLUA instead of breaking off the "romance" through dialogue, but none of these fixes stopped my party being hailed by Sir Ryan Trawl when Anomen was taken back into the party.

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Sounds like it may be an issue with the mods, as Anomen's romance is somewhat tied into his knighthood. Not 100% sure on that though... As for your fix, I think it may work. If Ryan Trawl isn't appearing anymore you must have done something that had an effect on the bug, which is a good sign (usually). I couldn't say for certain without looking more into the game's data or seeing your mod setup.

Come to think of it... It is quite possible that the Haer'Dalis romance mod isn't properly interacting with or shutting down the base game romances. You may want to ask the mod maker about this.
    Hey, thanks for your comment. The Haer'Dalis mod is not meant to interfere with other romances as per the mod maker. It is meant to also function as a concurrent romance, meaning that Haer'Dalis will happily be your lover on the side, and will even agree to keep quiet about it. But CHARNAME is not that kind of gal (lol) so I have been desperately trying to shut down that fool, Anomen for his entire "romance". He is the definition of a douche. The guy you tell no a million times and still keeps (sexually) harassing you. MERCY.

Hahahah. Anyway, I am so glad you think that this might work, as I said I am not familiar with doing things like that so lack the confidence to manipulate game variables fearlessly :P Thanks for putting my mind at ease a bit :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You could kick Anomen out of the party, and then have him rejoin. This kills the romance for most, if not all npcs.
    ThacoBell, I tried that but unfortunately it did not kill his romance, called up his variable with the CLUA console and he was still romancing me -_-
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Weird. Something has to be going on. I didn't have nearly this much trouble killing the romance in my previous playthrough.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited July 2022
    In case future players have trouble with him, Anomen's quests respond poorly to romance tweaks from cdtweaks. A lot of us are using this. Components like 'nothing kill romances' and 'multiple romances' activate his romance flags. The quests dont proceed if not romanced. And if you play as a male and didn't activate the no-gender-check component, his quests will never proceed unless you manually change the globals as the game think you're an item and is waiting for lovetalks to proceed (and they never will without the LGBTQ component).

Kind of a frequent problem with him, because a lot of us use the multiple romances stuff.

If this applies to you; when you know enough time has elapsed for a quest to trigger, open a save in EEKeeper, set ANOMENROMANCEACTIVE to 0 (2 won't work for some reason), and his events should trigger. You will have to do it for him to be called home, and then do it again for Ryan Trawl to appear for his judgement before the Order. Cdtweaks will have reset the variable to 1 in the interval.