Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing in reactions.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Shar-Teel romance

I'm using the Bg1Npc Project Shar-Teel romance and I wonder if there's a way to have the romance work if reputation is 10 or higher. Cause I am playing smart evil character and I don't want a bad reputation.

Thanks!

Comments

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 3,208
    Don't know but let me say that it's a bad romance. She's very paranoic and will leave the party or attack you easily if you piss her off somehow.

    And it's really easy to piss her off.

  • IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    If she's a moody and unstable character I'm ok with that. Some people are like that. But if the romance is objectively bad though, then I'd prefer to skip it. Which of the two would you say is the case?

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 3,208
    You end up calling her "she-bear". You judge.

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 3,208
    Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 792
    Raduziel said:

    Don't know but let me say that it's a bad romance. She's very paranoic and will leave the party or attack you easily if you piss her off somehow.

    And it's really easy to piss her off.

    Honestly, if any romance between a man and Shar-teel wasn't like that, it'd almost certainly be out of character.

  • ratamoratamo Member Posts: 9
    edited February 10
    I seem to have an issue with starting this NPC-project romance. I get the first dialogue in which Shar-Teel and charname sleep together, but that is all. The next one listed here never comes up.

    I meet the requirements listed in the above mentioned walkthrough in regards of reputation, strength etc. I have waited several dozens of in game days (by traveling and resting), but nothing works. The guide tells that LT1 should come up when resting. I have tried camping and inns, but nothing works. I have also finished the game with Shar-Teel like this, so IRL time has passed as well.

    Do you have any ideas what is wrong?

    Post edited by ratamo on
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,926
    Raduziel said:

    Don't know but let me say that it's a bad romance. She's very paranoic and will leave the party or attack you easily if you piss her off somehow.

    And it's really easy to piss her off.

    So, they wrote it true to her personality, then.

  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,058
    I kinda like her romance. Not every character of mine has been the same with her, as some of her responses are not always the same. I am not sure what it checks for these. I've run her romance a few times and there is at least one instance where she lightens up quite a bit and enjoys listening to a bedtime story read to her. I always think she never got that as a child, enjoys it, and think it fits right in. Same goes for the sex with her, esp. one scene where she is quite gentle. I think if it was able to be continued past BG1 (the romance I mean-u can get her as a plain NPC in SoD with a mod) she would become even more interesting. For me I see her as someone that is having conflicting feelings, based on her traumatic past, as to what or how she should feel.
    She is a tough one to romance though, and becomes quite protective, in a jealous sort of way. She would make an even more interesting partner if other female NPC's were seen as moving in on her man, so to speak. Now THAT would be a sight to see.
    Regardless, she's been hurt and it shows through, as some severe trauma tends to.

  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited February 11
    Zaghoul said:

    I kinda like her romance. Not every character of mine has been the same with her, as some of her responses are not always the same. I am not sure what it checks for these. I've run her romance a few times and there is at least one instance where she lightens up quite a bit and enjoys listening to a bedtime story read to her. I always think she never got that as a child, enjoys it, and think it fits right in. Same goes for the sex with her, esp. one scene where she is quite gentle. I think if it was able to be continued past BG1 (the romance I mean-u can get her as a plain NPC in SoD with a mod) she would become even more interesting. For me I see her as someone that is having conflicting feelings, based on her traumatic past, as to what or how she should feel.
    She is a tough one to romance though, and becomes quite protective, in a jealous sort of way. She would make an even more interesting partner if other female NPC's were seen as moving in on her man, so to speak. Now THAT would be a sight to see.
    Regardless, she's been hurt and it shows through, as some severe trauma tends to.

    I had the very interesting constellation of romancing Shar-Teel and Sandrah (one of the few NPCs who would have interest in an PC that also fulfills Shar-Teel's requirements). The outcome was a big surprise.
    Shar-Teel's traumatic youth played a role in the outcome as well. (Note that this only exists in a game modded with EET.)

  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 211
    I had always thought that Shar-teel was meant to be lesbian.

  • verlaineverlaine Member Posts: 47
    Cloutier said:

    I had always thought that Shar-teel was meant to be lesbian.

    Maybe not lesbian. But one who will listen and take sympathy from a woman far easier than from a man.
    Her relationship with Ysena that is illustrated in BG1NPC mod or her intimate friendship with Sandrah who is so different on the outside and yet so close to her. Her development in the Sandrah mod is quite logical once you swallow the surprise.

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 3,208
    tbone1 said:

    Raduziel said:

    Don't know but let me say that it's a bad romance. She's very paranoic and will leave the party or attack you easily if you piss her off somehow.

    And it's really easy to piss her off.

    So, they wrote it true to her personality, then.
    It is an awesome well done mod, for certain. When I said "bad romance" I meant "toxic romance".

Sign In or Register to comment.