Skip to content

SCS on current BG2:EE version - how to make it work?

JazJaz Member Posts: 9
Hey guys. It's time for my annul playthrough and I just downloaded scs v30 and the game. When I try to install SCS I get multiple errors and I don't know why. I tried to google and I found some forum answers that you need certain patches to make everything work.

Can someone guide me to them? Googling for 30 minutes now and I couldnt come up with anything. Thank you very much!

Comments

• HugoRuneHugoRune Member Posts: 47
    Go here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385

Download the hotfix in the 2nd post on the 2nd page (by subtledoctor)

Copy the contents of the SCS hotfix folder into the stratagems folder in your game directory.

Run the installation again.

That seems to have done it for me. It's now in the process of installing and patching as it should. That takes a while but everything seems to work so far. If there are problems I'll report back.

Took me ages to find this. It really should be in a more prominent position, this problem has persisted for months now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited February 2018

This pair installs fine for me, and I think it includes everything in all the current hotfixes floating around. Only encumbrances are 1) you get SR in the bargain; and 2) most/all wizards will have a bunch of summons pre-cast.

I think you can use SR-specific variant of SCS even without installing SR.... I tried once and IIRC everything installed fine (of course the mod asked me "what about nerfing Melf's Minute Meteors?" and things like that, as if it were standard SCS....)
  • HugoRuneHugoRune Member Posts: 47
    Luke93 said:

I think you can use SR-specific variant of SCS even without installing SR.... I tried once and IIRC everything installed fine (of course the mod asked me "what about nerfing Melf's Minute Meteors?" and things like that, as if it were standard SCS....)

Nerfing Melf's Minute Meteors (to hit only as +2 weapons) is standard SCS. As is capping skull trap at 12d6 damage and letting insect plague be blocked by fireshields and a few others. Those have been SCS components all along.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174

Alternatively you could use kreso's beta 15 of Spell Revisions:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28817&page=1#

...and then his SR-specific variant of SCS:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28249&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

This pair installs fine for me, and I think it includes everything in all the current hotfixes floating around. Only encumbrances are 1) you get SR in the bargain; and 2) most/all wizards will have a bunch of summons pre-cast.

I found this version of SCS to be more lethal than ever in my last no-reload so choose your settings with care ;). A lich accompanied by multiple teleporting fiends and basilisks ain't no joke (golems too with the golem mod!)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    HugoRune said:

Nerfing Melf's Minute Meteors (to hit only as +2 weapons) is standard SCS. As is capping skull trap at 12d6 damage and letting insect plague be blocked by fireshields and a few others. Those have been SCS components all along.

Exactly. As I said before, you can use SR-specific variant of SCS even without installing Spell Revisions -> it'll be like installing standard SCS and thus you'll be asked about nerfing Melf's Minute Meteors and so forth....