Skip to content

Steam achievements

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
edited February 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
So since we got the Steam beta keys and can check out the Steam Workshop (what a wonderful thing to taste!) I wonder which kind of achievements will we be able to unlock?

What achievements would you implement into the game?

So far I guess it could be reaching a certain level, completing the campaigns, defeating some bosses, etc...

Comments

• DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited February 2018
    Not a serious one, but Nudist's Wrath: Complete any of the campaigns without equipping a set of armor. (Can wear an unenchanted set of clothing, but you cannot also be a monk). I don't think it'd be impossible, but probably very difficult.

On a serious note, I think "Hit Level 20" and "Hit level 40" would be a basic set of achievements to add, but I feel that the game's debug commands, various modules that auto-level you and the fact that the Campaigns don't (in my experience) take you to level 40, I'm figuring the latter would be difficult to achieve. An achievement for defeating each boss would be rather logical, as well as one for major story events.

Also, I feel if they could add a way to let fan-modules design achievements for their own modules that would show up somewhere on Steam would be cool. I dunno how possible this is, though. :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by DerpCity on
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited February 2018
    NWN is a tough one for achievements because people could make a module to easily get achievements. I'd bet there would be a lot of story-related achievements. I'm hoping that they will do some for all of the campaigns, and add some for the premium modules as well. I would also want them to add more to any future premium modules they release.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I think it will be so great to look at the achievements for Steam. I still haven't gotten a key for Steam, but hoping i'll be getting one eventually. I think they will make achievements related directly to the original campaign and maybe achievements related to the expansions.

Then on top of that I imagine some general ones, like level 10, level 20 etc etc, hit points 150, AC -15 etc etc + maybe some others.

I must say I'm really looking forward to this. Hope more steam keys will be given out the next few weeks.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I own NWN:EE Deluxe addition, and I didn't get a Steam beta key. Is that something that has to be requested through Beamdog customer service, or was it only offered to a select few?

If it's done by request, how does one contact Beamdog to make the request?
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    @BelgarathMTH To quote @JuliusBorisov in the "NWN Crossroads: Discord NWN Hub for connecting to Places, People, and Pages" thread...

A Discord channel for the Steam beta. There you can request a Steam key. Invitations will be limited on a day-to-day basis. On Feb 16, we plan to email all Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start owners beta keys.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    There will be a blog entry about Steam keys published soon, it should address a few of the issues.