Skip to content

Developers set to use the toolset too?

tgxtgx Member Posts: 40
So, has this been stated at all? Are Beamdog, when they get around to doing additional campaigns and such planning to use the toolset that we use?

Because, if so, we can probably rest easy on our concerns most of the fiddly things. That's IF they're planning on using it, and not some very raw dev tools they cobble together because they discover how inefficient it is to use the toolset day-in-day out, when developing.

If they use it, then they'll fix it. I have no doubt about that. But, the question I'm asking is... will they be using it for full-on content development? Or fall back to using custom tools that make life easier for them, and leave the toolset underdeveloped? I'm curious.

Not that I'm accusing them of anything. But, I wonder about it. If they'll be using it themselves, down the road.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Can't reply about how the creation of new content will be made - this is a question for the stream.
    But the NWN:EE toolset is one of the things we’ll look into. It’s a big project.
  • FinalStandFinalStand Member Posts: 87

But the NWN:EE toolset is one of the things we’ll look into. It’s a big project.

That is top of my personal wish list :)

The better the creation tools are, the better mods and PWs we will see [from the community] and feel that will help draw and keep a bigger player base.

• shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    Agreed; but it makes sense to wait on working on the toolset for now, to me, however. Once feature sets are more stable, you can target them with toolset enhancements. Stuff's changing pretty quickly at this time.

-Dave
    shadguy said:

Agreed; but it makes sense to wait on working on the toolset for now, to me, however. Once feature sets are more stable, you can target them with toolset enhancements. Stuff's changing pretty quickly at this time.

-Dave

Sure, but things like interface and work flow can be done now.
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    I asked this on the stream but it didn't get an answer. Maybe it was worded wrong.

"Will you be using the Aurora toolset as it is now (32bit) to create new content or updating it first (64bit) to match the abilities of the engine?"
    ah, yea, that's a good point.