Skip to content

Request - Please extend the size of the IDENTIFIER LIST

Hands up: who has never run into the IDENTIFIER LIST full problem?
Well, I do frequently and it's a pain in the a... buttocks to get around it.

So please, Beamdog, could you please extend the maximum size of that IDENTIFIER LIST?
At least 10 ten times... better make it 100 times. or best: make it dynamic (unlimited list).

I get the feeling that it is currently limited to 10.000 items or so. I know 10.000 might have seemed like enormous 20 years ago, but today, in times when the whole game fits into the RAM of a low-price smartphone... well, it isn't.
And a lot of things could be accomplished if the IDENTIFIER LIST wasn't so limited. E.g. automatically generated item constant lists derived from areas, tkls or plcs, include everything everywhere without worrying, and so forth.

I'd even be willing to donate for this feature. Who do I have to bribe? ;)

(I've read this in other posts, but I haven't read this it is fixed already. If I have missed something, please forgive me.)
BalanorshadguyShadowM

Comments

• shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    Make it so. Make it Trello.

Dave
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Ugh this and toolset extender we been asking for this since day 1. It should of already been added. It holding back EE.
    squattingmonk
  • prwoprwo Member Posts: 69
    According to the Release notes of "Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Patch 8164" (http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition_16.html) this issue has been fixed:
    The toolset script compiler identifier limit has been bumped to 16K (from 8K; error manifested was “IDENTIFIER LIST FULL” for some very complex scripts).

Thank you so much for that!
    shadguyShadowMsquattingmonk
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Woohoo going to test it out. Glad they got this in before release.