Skip to content

Join LAN game is back, but...

I can't seem to connect to my own server. It says something about "Player name has been refused by the server". What????

Fortunately, I CAN connect normally through the multi player list.

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Howdy!

What it *sounds* like, is that you have the port-forwarding set up that you would have originally needed to connect to multiple computers. At the moment, this interacts with the LAN options in an odd-way. We're currently investigating that issue.

Additionally, "Player name has been refused by the server" we've seen popping up a few times, and it's typically due to not having used the "Remember Player Name" option.

Were you trying to connect specifically through the LAN menu? Or were you trying to join via Steam friends?

Thanks!
  • SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
    Shaiden said:

Howdy!

Were you trying to connect specifically through the LAN menu? Or were you trying to join via Steam friends?

Thanks!

Through the LAN menu, haven't tried Steam yet.

Thanks for looking into it!
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Shaiden said:

Howdy!

What it *sounds* like, is that you have the port-forwarding set up that you would have originally needed to connect to multiple computers. At the moment, this interacts with the LAN options in an odd-way. We're currently investigating that issue.

Additionally, "Player name has been refused by the server" we've seen popping up a few times, and it's typically due to not having used the "Remember Player Name" option.

Thanks!

I had the same problem, when he refer Remember Player Name / he referring to default name when you try and connect. I found you have to click that and it crashed my server, but after that it work fine. I wish I did not have to do that though. So you might want to give that a try.
  • SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
    Thanks for your input, guys! I did "save as default name" and... it crashed my server. Once. Now it works as intended on the multiplayer list and the LAN menu. :)