Skip to content

Upgrade from NWN: EE to NWN: EE - Digital Deluxe

I pre-ordered it as soon as I found out about the game, but I didn't realize there was a digital deluxe version of it.

Will we be able to upgrade our copy? Or is the option available now?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    It should be possible.

Send a message to support@beamdog.com
  • JinksonJinkson Member Posts: 2
    I hope that this becomes a feature where we can just pay the difference and not completely rebuy it. I had NWN gifted to me, but I am ultimately interested in the Deluxe Edition content.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited January 2018

It should be possible.

Send a message to support@beamdog.com

I did that a while ago and it all went horribly wrong.

I was told the only way to upgrade was to get a refund and the game removed from my account and buy NWM:EE again.

When I did so I couldnt connect to multiplayer and I would receive a new (non working) cd key each time it was reinstalled.

I eventually had to made an entirely new account and then repurchase.
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    @voidofopinion That is good to know. I tried e-mailing support as well and got the same response from them. As it seemed a little convoluted to me, I decided to just drop it. Now I'm glad I did. Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to spend the extra $20 I would have paid for the DD version. :neutral:
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    Balanor said:

@voidofopinion That is good to know. I tried e-mailing support as well and got the same response from them. As it seemed a little convoluted to me, I decided to just drop it. Now I'm glad I did. Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to spend the extra $20 I would have paid for the DD version. :neutral:

You are probably going to be just fine with your upgrade as I have only seen one other person have the same issue. I just wished to note that the upgrade process is not exactly graceful and problems could arise.

If you dont want to chance it you can also buy the DLC on Steam when Steam keys become a thing.

Thats my current plan.

:)
  • sriepsriep Member Posts: 8
    Has it got any easier to upgrade yet?

I thought I saw something about that but maybe I imagined it.
  • SaintPhillipSaintPhillip Member Posts: 59
    sriep said:

Has it got any easier to upgrade yet?

I thought I saw something about that but maybe I imagined it.

Nope, you are not imagining it- They said it on the latest Stream.

I looked everywhere though and havnt found a way to do it so I imagine its coming soon.

I had planned on upgrading anyhow but after how beamdog handled the Steam key beta (I ended up with an extra copy of the game to give to a friend) I'm upgrading for sure and buying another copy- Its nice to see companies being non greedy about things and I was really impressed by how that went down and want to give a little bit of extra support more than I did even before.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    An easier way to upgrade from the Head Start to the Digital Deluxe is not on the site yet. We're working on it.