Skip to content

Cloud saves

PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
I have 2 computers: an imac at "cough" work and a windows 10 pc at home. I have saved the game on the imac and at the save name it says _CLOUD_SAVE.
On the pc at home it doesnt show the saves. I see them in the cloudsave folder in documents, but when I launch the game and press single player - load game they are nowhere to be seen.
Some help please?!!!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can you please tell what game do you mean.
    Have you enabled the Cloud saves in the in-game options on both PCs?
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    Bgee
    Yes they are enabled on both the imac and the pc(win10).
    I see the saves in the cloudsave folder which means that the imac uploads them to the cloud and the win pc downloads them from the cloud. I just cant see them in game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do both PCs have the same setup: BG:EE+SoD, or only BG:EE?
    both are the same, sod installs automatically when you have steam
    on the windows pc in the cloudsave folder i can see my imac saves. Its full of .cloud and .cloud.meta files for each save. But when i open BG it doesnt show any of them, only my local saves. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing happpened.
    I checked it, the controlled folder access isnt turned on at all.
    Can you please uncheck SoD and opt-in the 2.5 beta (on Steam - under the Beta tab). http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html We'd appreciate if you check the problem in the beta.
    edited February 2018
    OK so this is what happens now lol:
    I unchecked in steam the sod dlc.
    Then i went to properties - betas and picked the bg1_beta.
    Current version now is 2.5.10.0
    I open bg and go single player - load game. I see the same saves as before (no cloud saves).
    (now comes the magic):
    I press back.
    It goes back to the single player menu.
    When I press load game again the game crashes immediatly.
    I tried this again and always the second time i press the load game button it crashes.
    I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it. A message box appears thats says it will make a crash report in the crash folder but it doesnt.
    Oh, this is interesting. Can I ask you to report it on support.baldursgate.com step by step (describe you PC specs and the Antivirus), refer to this thread.
    Ok I made the thread. Thank you for all your time so far.
    JuliusBorisov
    They stopped talking to me in the thread :neutral: