Skip to content

Hard Crash on launch

Been having this issue over 2 weeks and no response on my bug report.

Everything I've tried is listed in the redmine link.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/35320

Any help is appreciated!
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    Does it crash before/during/after the movies? Can you launch the game movies from the install folder?

If not: Try the Disable Intro Movies =1 in Display options of nwn.ini and see if it works. That would Narrow down yet another thing.
    NytelockJuliusBorisov
  • NytelockNytelock Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2018
    Crashes before, right as it launches. It flickers a bunch, like it's adjusting the resolution, moves all my other windows to my 2nd monitor then crashes.
    I tried your suggestion but no effect :(.
    Also tried changing full screen to 0, didn't work.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Nytelock 2 weeks, huh, sorry for that!

Try starting the game from NWMain.exe in your install folder. That way we'll at least know if it's Client causing it, or the game itself.

Also please try to launch it without and Admin and a Compatibility mode set, those should not be required.
  • NytelockNytelock Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2018

@Nytelock 2 weeks, huh, sorry for that!

Try starting the game from NWMain.exe in your install folder. That way we'll at least know if it's Client causing it, or the game itself.

Also please try to launch it without and Admin and a Compatibility mode set, those should not be required.

Well that worked this time, I tried it before and it didn't fix it so I'm not sure what changed.
    Thanks for the help!

Edit: Launcher still fails though.
  • Knight_ShieldKnight_Shield Member Posts: 51
    I just updated and crash in the middle of the movie.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

I just updated and crash in the middle of the movie.

Does it happen every time at the same movie? All movies?
    edited February 2018
    Ok regular beta EE I updated to 5158 crashed during movie.

I downloaded Digital Deluxe beta EE 5159 , made it through the movie and then it crashed.

Edit: Everytime during the battle movie.
  • charissa1066charissa1066 Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2018
    @Knight_Shield, I am having the same problem. Updated yesterday, but didn't try to log onto the game. Today, I had a game to DM. I went to log on and it crashed in the movie. Had to restart the computer. Tried to log on and it did it again. Verified game with the Beamdog client. Still crashes. I filed four crash reports.
    MadHatter said:

Does it crash before/during/after the movies? Can you launch the game movies from the install folder?

If not: Try the Disable Intro Movies =1 in Display options of nwn.ini and see if it works. That would Narrow down yet another thing.

Just tried logging on after disabling the intro movie. It still crashes. :'( Adding that to my crash report.
    It's not the movie crashing it. It's whatever comes after the battle seen.

1. Let movie play...it plays all the way then game crashes.
    2. I click ESC in any part of the battle to advance and it crashes.

It's not the movie crashing it. It's whatever comes after the battle seen.

1. Let movie play...it plays all the way then game crashes.
    2. I click ESC in any part of the battle to advance and it crashes.

That's what happens to me. After I read your post I tried to log on again. I let the movie play out. It crashes after the movie. Goes into a continual loop. I have to restart my computer to free it up.

I'm not sure that this is related, but you might want to check your Beamdog account. Thinking that I might be able to log on through Steam I went to get my Steam key. My Beamdog account doesn't show any games, game keys, or purchases. Bought NWN:EE Head Start 12/04/17. It's on my credit card records. I've been playing the game for months. Not sure what's going on but it is discouraging.

I'm not sure that this is related, but you might want to check your Beamdog account. Thinking that I might be able to log on through Steam I went to get my Steam key. My Beamdog account doesn't show any games, game keys, or purchases. Bought NWN:EE Head Start 12/04/17. It's on my credit card records. I've been playing the game for months. Not sure what's going on but it is discouraging.

This is strange. Can you send a message to support@beamdog.com ?
    edited February 2018
    @JuliusBorisov The issue with my Beamdog account has NOT been resolved. The game still fatally crashes. Yes, I have filed a crash report and a service request on that.
    Post edited by charissa1066 on