Skip to content

Terrible lack of shortbows in IWD

RastRast Member Posts: 12
Here is the grand list of all shortbows in core IWD which are better than vanilla +1:

Amazing, huh? OK, now check out the shortbows available in the expansion:

* Storm Bow. It's a +3 short bow that requires 15 STR.
* Shortbow of Ebullience. A +3 shortbow with (average) 1 extra fire damage per shot, and best of all gives an extra attack per round. Oh and you get -2 CON and -50% fire resistance. Hilarious.
* That's all.

Devs, please give us some decent shortbows in the main game. They don't have to be broken like messenger of sseth. Just make them worth picking up.

Post edited by Rast on

Comments

• saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    I don't see any list of what you posted. I sort of agree when it comes to some items, but why don't you have a look at a item mod ?

I recomend this one:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63278/lavait-iwd-an-item-pack-for-iwd-ee
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im not sure if you are talking about IWD 1 or IWD 2 ( since you mentioned IWD 2 ) but in IWD EE you can go to conlan the black smith guy in kuldahar and he sells a +3 or +4 shortbow there ( it's near the bottom of his sellable item's list when you first meet him )
  • RastRast Member Posts: 12
    @saox that was the joke... +1 short bows are as good as it gets before HoW.

@sarevok57 I meant IWD1, that was a typo. I am checking Near Infinity now and I don't see a +3 shortbow in KUSMITH.STO
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ah my bad, i thought the black bow was a short bow but it is indeed a long bow, so it does seem that shortbows get no love

although, in IWD crossbows are pretty strong ( they come with a to hit bonus an usually a to damage bonus as well, and there is quite a few crossbows that give extra attacks per round )

so worse case scenario you can try those out, im assuming you are just a plain thief ( hence the reason why you are looking for shortbows only ) and im pretty sure thieves can use light crossbows, and as i said before, crossbows are pretty strong in IWD, so it might be worth putting some proficiency into that
    Quartz
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2018
    I always mod the Messenger of Sseth to turn it into a shortbow.
    Rast