Skip to content

resolutions and ratios (Ultra-Wide screen?)

I have been looking at getting an ultra-wide screen monitor, and I am wondering if NWN EE would work well with them? 1440k resolution, or 4k?

or would I have to run the game in a window, which I think would be annoying.

Comments

• Effec_TorEffec_Tor Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2018
    it works for me.
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2018
    I run 2560x1440 on a 32" monitor and I think it's fine (vanilla NWN runs just as well).At that res you can start using the UI scaling but tbh the scaling options are currently a little limited and, to me, when turned on the UI ends up being little too big and chunky. I assume it's a work in progress though. I've also read about people running it without issues at 4k.

If any BD people read this... As well as scaling, being able to move the various UI windows around the screen would be very welcome.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Here's an Input card: https://trello.com/c/UQCyCcpJ/13-make-ui-fully-scalable-at-any-resolution
    covering the addition of more UI scaling options.

We have a couple of internal tickets up and running regarding specific resolution issues, but it's always recommended to show support by voting up the cards you're most interested in.