Skip to content

Ini option about frequency of Sounset files, similar to Baldur's gate?

Have I missed until now a secret INI option inside NWN detailing how often character sounds should play? (especially for enemies and npcs) similarly to Baldur's gate "always, seldom, never"?
DerpCity

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What do others think?
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited February 2018
    I think this would be a good addition. I feel that things like pain noises should still play normally doesn't always make much sense for people to yell random insults or threats when going to attack somebody (or boxes, for that matter)
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    DerpCity said:

I think this would be a good addition. I feel that things like pain noises should still play normally. Doesn't always make much sense for people to yell random insults or threats when going to attack somebody (or boxes, for that matter)

I actually believe the problem is the opposite: I don't hear enemy voices enough.
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    To each their own, I suppose. :smile:
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    edited February 2018
    I'm not sure about monster voice, but if you want your henchman to use their "voice chats" (heal me, dying, etc.) then take a look at the script "x0_i0_voice." In the first section is a block of code which specifies how often a henchman calls out "heal me" or "I'm dead!". The const values range from 25 (heal) to 100 (lookhere). Since I like hearing my henchmen's voices, I set all of the const values to 100. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. Just be sure to recompile all of your modified henchman scripts (e.g. TonyK's HenchAI). As far as I know, BioWare has not included this script in any other script --- but I do not know this for a fact. If they have, then those scripts needs to be recompiled as well.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Grymlorde said:

I'm not sure about monster voice, but if you want your henchman to use their "voice chats" (heal me, dying, etc.) then take a look at the script "x0_i0_voice." In the first section is a block of code which specifies how often a henchman calls out "heal me" or "I'm dead!". The const values range from 25 (heal) to 100 (lookhere). Since I like hearing my henchmen's voices, I set all of the const values to 100. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. Just be sure to recompile all of your modified henchman scripts (e.g. TonyK's HenchAI). As far as I know, BioWare has not included this script in any other script --- but I do not know this for a fact. If they have, then those scripts needs to be recompiled as well.

Companions are sort of OK really. at least in official compaigns.