Skip to content

The Arcane Laboratory: "The Spellweaver's Realm"

2»

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited February 2018
    @Rik_Kirtaniya I was leaning towards either magical, divine, or positive energy damage. I couldn't decide so I just left it vague. I was also kinda vague on what an unnatural creature was. Undead certainly, but I was unsure on the lore so I just left it vague.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited February 2018
    It's quite like a stronger version of Wail of the Banshee, though only applicable for unnatural creatures. How are we to level it in BG2, by the way? (no level 8 there) Take it as a quest level spell, I guess?
    Tressetlolien
    edited February 2018
    Probably more like level 7 in BG. I honestly had NWN more in mind when I made it.
    Enjoying your Sorcerer run, @Tresset?
    Heheh, Yes. I am currently in the chapter 2 finale. I just killed the two high captains and am about to assault the Host Tower.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    edited March 2018

Seeing Sigil

Mage/Sorcerer: level 7
    School: Divination
    Casting Time: 7
    Duration: 5 turns

When this spell is cast, a mark upon the ground is created from which the creator is always considered to have line of sight for the purposes of casting other spells. The Seeing Sigil is immobile. If the target location for a spell is within the line of sight of both the Seeing Sigil and the Mage, the Mage's line of sight takes precedent.

The Seeing Sigil is immune to damage, although if targeted with an anti-magic spell of 6th level of higher (Pierce Magic, Ruby Ray of Reversal, etc) it will be destroyed immediately without saving throw. Spells channelled via the Seeing Sigil retain the original caster's level.

The range of the Seeing Sigil replicates that of the spell that the Mage means to cast, as such, spells requiring touch range will depend upon enemies & allies moving into adjacency of the Seeing Sigil, as it will be unable to move to them.
    Rik_KirtaniyaProont
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692

Barrier

Mage/Sorcerer: level 4
    School: Abjuration
    Casting Time: 3
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: None

Upon casting this spell, the Mage's corporeal form takes on a faint blue aura. When a creature strikes the Mage with a melee attack, they are immediately buffeted backwards with the same force as a Dragon's Wing Buffet ability. The creature sustains no damage. The spell will last for a duration of 1 round/level or until the Mage has suffered 3 melee attacks, at which time the barrier collapses. Creatures of size categories larger than Large are unaffected.
    Rik_KirtaniyaProont
    @recklessheart Thanks for your contributions to the ever-expanding field of Arcane Research, and to this thread. Your spells are very unique and interesting. I'm glad another enthusiastic spell-weaver has joined the Arcane Laboratory. :)

I hope to see more magical creations from everyone in the future.
    recklessheart
    edited June 2018

True Shape

Spellbook: Mage, Cleric, Druid
    Level: 7 (Mage), 8 (Cleric), 6 (Druid)
    School: Alteration
    Range: Visual
    AoE: All polymorphed or transmuted creatures or objects in a 30' radius of targeted point
    Duration: Instant
    Saving Throw: Special

All polymorphed and shapeshifted targets in the area of effect are returned to their natural form. Targets hostile to the caster may make a save vs. polymorph to avoid the effects of this spell. This spell will also restore transmuted targets in the area of effect to their natural form or material (this will reverse the effects of petrification and similar ailments).
    Post edited by Tresset on
    Rik_KirtaniyaProont
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Heartless Terror

Spellbook: Mage
    Level: 8
    School: Conjuration
    Casting time: 6
    Target: Single
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving throw: Death / Special

Upon completion of this spell, the mage throws a conjured silver disc that stops just in front of the target. As the target looks perplexed upon the disc hovering in front of him / her, the targets heart is teleported outside his / her body and lands on the platter. Immense chest pain lets the target understand it is his / her heart on the platter. The heart is still beating, quickly splattering out what little blood was inside it at the time of teleportation, while the spell keeps pumping the targets blood for one round, just enough time to terrify the target. At the end of the round, the targets arms, if applicable, are forced flatly outward, as the platter lands in his / her armfuls. Immediately thereafter, the spell cease pumping the targets blood, and as a result, most creatures will soon after fall to the ground dead or dying, still holding the silver disc clutched to their chest.

Intelligent allies of the target that could be affected by this spell and that got a clear view of the spell unfolding must save vs spell or be terrified for three rounds.

Creatures with an anatomy unknown to the spell caster is immune to all effects of this spell, as are constructs and similar beings.

Upon a successful save vs death, or if the spell caster targeted an invalid target, the silver disc will simply hover in front of the target for one round, then fall to the ground. Nothing else happens.

The silver disc is a conjuration and lasts 1 round per caster level. During this time, it can be used in any manner a real silver disc may, such as in improvised shield or to throw it back at the caster as an improvised weapon. As the disc is thin, it is considered a sharp throwing weapon, dealing 1D6+1 slashing damage.
    Proont
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    DrakeICN said:

Heartless Terror

Spellbook: Mage
    Level: 8
    School: Conjuration
    Casting time: 6
    Target: Single
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving throw: Death / Special

Upon completion of this spell, the mage throws a conjured silver disc that stops just in front of the target. As the target looks perplexed upon the disc hovering in front of him / her, the targets heart is teleported outside his / her body and lands on the platter. Immense chest pain lets the target understand it is his / her heart on the platter. The heart is still beating, quickly splattering out what little blood was inside it at the time of teleportation, while the spell keeps pumping the targets blood for one round, just enough time to terrify the target. At the end of the round, the targets arms, if applicable, are forced flatly outward, as the platter lands in his / her armfuls. Immediately thereafter, the spell cease pumping the targets blood, and as a result, most creatures will soon after fall to the ground dead or dying, still holding the silver disc clutched to their chest.

Intelligent allies of the target that could be affected by this spell and that got a clear view of the spell unfolding must save vs spell or be terrified for three rounds.

Creatures with an anatomy unknown to the spell caster is immune to all effects of this spell, as are constructs and similar beings.

Upon a successful save vs death, or if the spell caster targeted an invalid target, the silver disc will simply hover in front of the target for one round, then fall to the ground. Nothing else happens.

The silver disc is a conjuration and lasts 1 round per caster level. During this time, it can be used in any manner a real silver disc may, such as in improvised shield or to throw it back at the caster as an improvised weapon. As the disc is thin, it is considered a sharp throwing weapon, dealing 1D6+1 slashing damage.

Didn't I see this spell in Temple of Doom?
    edited June 2018
    I have been thinking a bit about my True Shape spell, which I posted above. I realized that it may be a bit overpowered for the spell levels I set for it (druid 4, mage 5, cleric 6), especially considering Stone to Flesh is a level 6 spell and True Shape is more powerful and available at a lower level. I think I will bump the level a bit in my above post.