Skip to content

Let's talk about KOTOR II and Kreia

2»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Me too!
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Personally speaking, KOTORII is one of the very few video games I would call a (flawed) masterpiece of writing, and Kreia is probably the single best-written character in any video game (including visual novels).

Whether it's a hate letter to Star Wars is subjective, but I think it is important that Kreia isn't really presented as right, so much as insightful - about you, the Force, and even herself.

I can certainly understand being frustrated by a fandom, though it's not one I'm in any contact with myself.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2017
    Just been reminded Onderon is also mentioned in SW: Rebels, so that world is also part of the new canon. Another world in KotOR2, although not it's original source.

Also, when the Rebels characters are discussing Malacor, the conversation is something along the lines of "why where the Jedi forbidden to go there?" "I don't know, just old legends" "there is always some truth in legends".
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Fardragon said:

shawne said:

Fardragon said:

The reason they called them "legends" is that they aren't saying "those things never happened" they are saying "they may or may not have happened, or they might have happened but in a different way in a different time and place".

Leaving them free to re-use any of the old canon that they like.

That was just lip service to keep the hardcore fans from going completely berserk. In practice, the content they're putting out since the reboot explicitly overwrites the old EU - it's Ben Solo, not Jaina and Jacen. It's the First Order, not the Imperial Remnant. It's Rae Sloane, not Natasi Daala. Mara Jade isn't going to be turning up any time soon. As far as I know, there are only three instances of EU content coming through: the Nightsisters (but not the other Witches of Dathomir), Malachor V, and now Thrawn.

NB, there are rumours of some kind of KotOR reboot at Bioware, which would in theory make it part of the new timeline.
    That would be Great news if It isn't going to be another MMORPG.
    I don't think I trust Bioware to write KotoR after the phenominal job Obsidian did.
    edited February 2018
    ThacoBell said:

I don't think I trust Bioware to write KotoR after the phenominal job Obsidian did.

No Avellone no Party huh?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    avellone does not work for obsidian anymore so it's a no win situation.

avellone does not work for obsidian anymore so it's a no win situation.

That doesn't mean we can't have a good Star Wars RPG without Avellone.

ThacoBell said:

No Avellone no Party huh?
    More like Bioware writes different kinds of stories than obsidian. They could totally write a good Star Wars rpg, but I don't think I can associate the kind of stories Bioware does with KotoR anymore.
    ThacoBell said:

This thread actually inspired me to do another run of KOTOR2. Kreia really hates my light side guardian :D

I love saying ''no'' to Kreia in every chance i get.