Skip to content

Possible Toolset Bug Found

So as part of my current blog series I had just started on following the Bioware tutorial 4: Cast of characters. As part of this you are instructed in how to convert an already placed standard character to a custom one. The character in question being a female goblin shaman who has as standard a standard light hammer and wears a standard chain shirt. Upon right clicking the character in the area window and selecting Add to Palette I got an unexpected warning message. This said that as said goblin had 2 non-standard items that those items would be converted to custom items with their own entries as custom items if I carried on. I don't recall getting this message in 1.69 but I'm not entirely sure which is why I'm asking in here.

Is this a bug. Do I report it as such.

TR

Comments

• tgxtgx Member Posts: 40
    No, I don't have EE yet. I did that tutorial with 1.69 (actually 1.71), and go those same errors you mentioned. It' s not unique to EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    I'm minded to report it anyway as they are supposed to be fixing legacy bugs as well.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    I think it's worth reporting. Don't forget to attach a module demonstrating the issue.
    JuliusBorisov
    Found another bug. This one is in the conversation editor. It concerns editing a pre-existing line in a conversation. Selecting that line in the main window places the text into the edit window, ready to edit. However, as soon as you put your cursor into the edit window that text disappears in both windows. It's wiped, kaput. Also the same happens when using find and replace if you answer yes to go back to the start.

TR
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402

The character in question being a female goblin shaman who has as standard a standard light hammer and wears a standard chain shirt. Upon right clicking the character in the area window and selecting Add to Palette I got an unexpected warning message. This said that as said goblin had 2 non-standard items that those items would be converted to custom items with their own entries as custom items if I carried on.

It was always this way. What nobody seems to know is that when each item properties shows, you can just click X button and cancel adding that item into custom palette - which will keep the creature using vanilla item.
    Reported. Oh and as a side note, I am Fred Blogs on there as well as Trello. Yep you can change your "real" name on there as well.

TR
    JuliusBorisov