Skip to content

How do solo thieves deal with level drain from vampires?

I’m about to be facing hordes of these bad guys with my solo bounty hunter.

How can I beat handle them?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    see if you can use scrolls of lesser restoration, plus any items that can summon creatures, like the spider figurine found underground in the graveyard district or the horn of valhala found in the bridge district ( which is found in a house near the top left ) or even the efreeti bottle, pick pocketed from the efreeti outside the tent in tradement when you first get there
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar
    also, that horn of valhala can be upgraded if you have a diamond and a beljuril gem ( bring said items to some dude in the promenade whose name starts with a "Q" i believe and he can upgrade it )
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    sarevok57 said:

( bring said items to some dude in the promenade whose name starts with a "Q" i believe and he can upgrade it )

It's actually an "M" ;-)

StummvonBordwehrsarevok57

sarevok57 said:

( bring said items to some dude in the promenade whose name starts with a "Q" i believe and he can upgrade it )

It's actually an "M" ;-)

ah i see, does he have a "q" in his name somewhere?
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    His name is Maheer, but another guy Quataris is nearby, they are both fat merchants
    sarevok57
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Later on when you get UAI, you can then use Amulet of Power
    BorekRik_Kirtaniya
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 892
    Darn. I was hoping for a more reliable method, but this’ll do.

TY
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    yeah you're somewhat limited before getting UAI unfortunately, Mace of Disruption will give immunity when upgraded, but need UAI for it as well, same for Azure-Edge which won't make you immune to level drains but will let you attack from range with a -4 save or die. I think you may get some traction using Daystar and backstabs, but it'll be a challenge to avoid being hit and/or dominated.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I wonder why no one mentioned scrolls of protection from undead.
    I know you won’t be able to trigger some dialogue, but you can kill everything you can, sleep , trigger dialogue, make yourself invisible, hide, use another scroll and kill everything else
    Aerakar
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2018
    You'll need Daystar, Potion of Invulnerability Defense (if it can improve your AC), Oil of Speed, Potion of Clarity, Potion of Invisibility.

1) Cover a safe spot in traps (my Death Tricker would be particularly good in it, but a Bounty Hunter is not bad)

2) Drink a Potion of Clarity and use an Oil of Speed

3) Aggro and group the larger amount of vampires you can

4) Drink a Potion of Invisibility

5) Drink a Potion of Invulnerability Defense

6) Use Daystar's special ability Sunray

7) Run for the traps if any enemy is still alive

8) Profit

Rest and repeat.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    AerakarMirandel
    Raduziel said:

You'll need Daystar, Potion of Invulnerability (if it can improve your AC), Oil of Speed, Potion of Clarity, Potion of Invisibility.

1) Cover a safe spot in traps (my Death Tricker would be particularly good in it, but a Bounty Hunter is not bad)

2) Drink a Potion of Clarity and use an Oil of Speed

3) Aggro and group the larger amount of vampires you can

4) Drink a Potion of Invisibility

5) Drink a Potion of Invulnerability

6) Use Daystar's special ability Sunray

7) Run for the traps if any enemy is still alive

8) Profit

Rest and repeat.

a bounty hunter needs UAI to use a potion of invulnerability since only warriors can use it, but he can use a potion of defense instead
    AerakarRaduziel
    @sarevok57 You're right, I said the wrong potion.
    Also, you should have a Potion of Freedom. Just in case.
    and if you are looking for heaps of potions Mrs Cragmoon ( found in the bridge district on the bottom left handside ) has quite a selection
    RaduzielKloroxAerakarStummvonBordwehr
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    edited March 2018
    I embarrassingly misread a post and responded poorly. Please disregard.
    booinyoureyessarevok57
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Potion of explosions.

Fire arrows and "kite".
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited March 2018
    EDITED:
    Hey everyone! You do NOT need UAI to be able to use Amulet of Power!

In the latest versions of the EE, just anybody can use that Amulet; you don't need to be a F/M or need UAI for that.
    As @Grond0 has said, you need to have some kind of spell-casting ability. I didn't consider that thing earlier. Sorry for the confusion. And thanks @Grond0 for correcting my mistake! :)
    Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited March 2018

Later on when you get UAI, you can then use Amulet of Power

Hey everyone! You do NOT need UAI to be able to use Amulet of Power!

In the latest versions of the EE, just anybody can use that Amulet; you don't need to be a F/M or need UAI for that.
    Are you sure @Rik_Kirtaniya? The amulet of power has always been able to be used by anyone with spell ability - either arcane or divine (such as the ranger in your example). Thieves are not counted in that group. If that has changed in the 2.5 beta I suspect that's a new bug rather than an intended feature.

Edit: just started up a game with the beta to confirm that thieves can't use it (prior to UAI).
    Rik_KirtaniyaStummvonBordwehr
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited March 2018
    @Grond0
    Well, mine's the non-beta version (2.3.67.3). And the game is completely unmodded. I think that spell-casting feature you said is the criterion. Oops! Then probably thieves can't use it... I didn't think about Minsc's Ranger spells before.

Still, anybody except plain Fighters, Thieves and Monks can use it, right?
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0lolien