Skip to content

Hail and well met, everyone.

Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
edited July 2019 in New Members Welcome Area
I've been playing NWN since it was first released in 2002, and I'm really looking forward to the release of the Enhanced Edition. Question: With all the modifications being made to the game, does this mean that players will be able to select Unarmed Strike as a Weapon Master's weapon of choice? As far as I know, that option is currently unavailable due to a game engine limitation in both NWN1 and NWN2. I remember when the prestige class was introduced in the rules supplement, Sword and Fist: A Guidebook to Fighters and Monks. One of the requirements for the Weapon Master was to have Weapon Focus in a melee weapon or Unarmed Strike if that was the character's main method of attack. With the release of the D&D 3.5 ruleset, a monk's unarmed strike counts as both a manufactured and natural weapon for the purpose of overcoming Damage Reduction. This only gives credence as to why a Weapon Master should be able to select Unarmed Strike as his/her chosen weapon in both games. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
Atrophiederic

Comments

• ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    welcome to the forums! never played NWN myself, so i can't answer your question. i'm sure there is somebody who frequents these boards who will be able to give you an answer.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly.

@Nimran
    [Deleted User]
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Haha! Have a :cookie:!
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Thank you for both the warm welcome and the cookie. At the risk of asking for too much, "Got Milk?" ;)