Skip to content

One thing I should warn all BG2 players about.

GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
DO NOT USE PERMANENT POLYMORPH SPELLS ON QUEST BOSSES, IT WILL SCREW UP THE QUEST. I recently used a Jon Irenicus character that was given to me, and I used turn into slime spell...well, let's just say Torgal after death broke the quest. Had to reload the whole thing lol.
verlaineRaduzielbooinyoureyes

Comments

• verlaineverlaine Member Posts: 47
    If you turn someone who has a quest item or deliver a final speech and clue to progress the game into a squirrel, you're lost. I've had that and guess slime does the same.
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50
    I think even if you kill the squirrel or whatever the game will not recognize the guy to be dead. I remember been stuck in Cloakwood with Daevorn not detected dead and not having dropped the plug key. Yes that's BG1 but the same glitch if you use EET.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Sounds like a bug. Does it still happen on the 2.5 patch? If yes, please, report on support.baldurgate.com attaching a zip of your save and screenshots of how it happens. This is the best way to see the issue fixed.
    Chronicler
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50

Sounds like a bug. Does it still happen on the 2.5 patch? If yes, please, report on support.baldurgate.com attaching a zip of your save and screenshots of how it happens. This is the best way to see the issue fixed.

This was from memory. I have no save of it, I didn't even think of it as a bug. Just using some spell in a place I shouldn't have used it. Since it was a highly modded game it may not even be vanilla issue.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    I mean:
    GarrusN7 said:

DO NOT USE PERMANENT POLYMORPH SPELLS ON QUEST BOSSES, IT WILL SCREW UP THE QUEST. I recently used a Jon Irenicus character that was given to me, and I used turn into slime spell...well, let's just say Torgal after death broke the quest. Had to reload the whole thing lol.

Using spells shouldn't make the game unplayable. This is a bug if it happens. So please,

Does it still happen on the 2.5 patch? If yes, please, report on support.baldurgate.com attaching a zip of your save and screenshots of how it happens. This is the best way to see the issue fixed.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Turn them into a hamster

then the adventure is just getting started!
    MERLANCE
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155

I mean:

GarrusN7 said:

Using spells shouldn't make the game unplayable. This is a bug if it happens. So please,

Does it still happen on the 2.5 patch? If yes, please, report on support.baldurgate.com attaching a zip of your save and screenshots of how it happens. This is the best way to see the issue fixed.

I wish I could check 2.5. Android still has no BETA so I can't check this. But I hope it's fixed. Using Irenicus is too much fun.
    It's been here all along? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I wanted the fixes so much!!!!!
    JuliusBorisov
    GarrusN7 said:

It's been here all along? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I wanted the fixes so much!!!!!
    Always check the news section and our blog.

GarrusN7 said:

Always check the news section and our blog.
    Problem is I did, but somehow missed it. Damn, it's like I have been looking at a chameleon. Btw, I'm curious since I can't find this being mentioned anywhere, does this android update fix the ToB missing epilogue cutscenes? And does it have Polish VA, or is that at full release??
    Can you clarify about the missing ToB cutscenes?

The next stage of beta for BG2:EE will include the VO, including Polish (at least, this is the plan) - so that translation teams could test translations.
    edited March 2018

Can you clarify about the missing ToB cutscenes?

The next stage of beta for BG2:EE will include the VO, including Polish (at least, this is the plan) - so that translation teams could test translations.

When you finish ToB on Android, from what I have noticed, it skips the cutscenes of various endings and goes to Epilogue straight away. Tested it several times to no effect. Can't even play them in videos section, they just don't play like they don't exist.

Ah, great, I was missing playing in Polish for a long time, any plans to have the DLC chars to have VAs too? It would feel weird to have English with Polish VAs lol.
    Post edited by GarrusN7 on