Skip to content

Possible to reduce amount of files needed for robe models (or models in general)?

Thought: Is it feasible to create a workaround so we no longer need to set up different files for mounted/jousting versions of robes? I've got ~1650 .mdl files for different texture variants of the same robe mesh here, which seems kind of ridiculous. The mounted and jousting versions especially are straight duplicates of the original files, just renamed to use a different supermodel (3, 5, 6, 8).

If possible, getting to specify in the parts_ 2das which model to use and which texture to use with it would be great. I'd like to have more different spellcaster robe skins (WoW style), but at the moment, it bloats the haks like crazy.

If the 2das were expanded rather than altered, and defaulted to loading the models by matching number if the new "MODEL" column was empty, it should (theoretically, hopefully) not be able to break backwards compatibility. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. No guarantees. Throwing the thought out there, anyway.
BalanorthirdmouseLyraVrenProlericdafena

Comments

• Good idea, I'll second that. It'd be nice if you could leach in ALL the PC parts when different phenotypes are used - like is currently done with the head, hands, neck, etc.
    TheBarbarian
  • thirdmousethirdmouse Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2018
    Ugh, that hak bloat from all the per-pheno robe duplication! Would LOVE to kill all those... It's worse if you play on multiple servers that use them (eg combat animation styles), duplicating the same robes a hundred times in different haks under different resource names because two use Q, one uses Custom1, and another uses Custom2. *fists clench and unclench*

*ahem*
    TheBarbarian
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    You're hired!
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    I'm not sure I understood half of that message, but it sounds like a lot less headaches.