Skip to content

Castle Basement - no Hepheranaan cutscene, battle, dialogue

YacolYacol Member Posts: 3
Hi Guys,

I've got a problem - I've read how plot should progress, how to report bugs etc, yet nothing really fits.

Maybe there is quick workaround (console mode of some sort)?

Short: I've entered Castle Basement and there is no Hephernaan at all - no cut scene, no dialogue, no battle.

Longer: I am playing Half Orc berserker. At Underground River, when side quests were finished, things got out of hand and I've slaughtered all crusaders in sight. I could proceed to the Castle basement (with lift & Ogres), do the talking, released Rohma, yet 2nd misunderstanding led to slaughter there as well. When I went up using the lift, there was Belben + 30 people battle, yet no Hephernaan. When all were finished, there was no cut scene, no dialogue, no battle. I've poisoned food & water, looted Crown of Lies, released Castle owner ghost etc, yet main plot got stuck.

I did all there was to be done at Dragonspear, Basements, Dead man pass, River, but at Camp there is no Torsin Cedric de Lancie, Marshal Kyrill Nederlok, General Haither Stonehand.

Do you think I can trigger the cutscene with Hepheranaan at Basement? Is there a chance to get this game and plot back on track?..

Thanks for help - great game! ;-)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Can you put your save file in a zip file and attach it here? (if you are on windows the save file would be documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition/sodsave)
  • YacolYacol Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2016
    Of course, attached

Since you plan to look there, I might add that almost all Crusaders at Dragonspear are... too :blush:

Thank you for taking time!
    elminster
    edited September 2016
    Sorry for the delay.

What is likely is that you got access to the area due to the Gloves of Gripping but because everyone was hostile towards you Hephernaan did not spawn. Once I have confirmed this is the cause I will report the issue.

In the meantime I've set your save so that it should continue forward correctly (just travel to the camp from where you've been placed). Let me know if you have any other issues (or if the save doesn't work).
    Starhowl
  • YacolYacol Member Posts: 3
    It's working, thank you Sir! :)
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    elminster said:

Sorry for the delay.

What is likely is that you got access to the area due to the Gloves of Gripping but because everyone was hostile towards you Hephernaan did not spawn. Once I have confirmed this is the cause I will report the issue.

In the meantime I've set your save so that it should continue forward correctly (just travel to the camp from where you've been placed). Let me know if you have any other issues (or if the save doesn't work).

Can you please fix my save to the point at which Hephernaan will appear as well as the guards after having sabotaged their supplies?
    edited March 2018
    It looks like you've been told to go to the pass (you can find that in your journal under important events). Why do you need me to make Hephernaan appear? A lot of the main quests use the same variable in SoD, so changing one of the plot variables to have Hephernaan reappear might cause problems down the line.
    Post edited by elminster on
    JuliusBorisov
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    So the way this works in the basement is the "Heph" cutscene is actually mutually exclusive from the poison food/water quest. Once you do a Poison, a short timer starts, a patrol will spawn and come walking to you, and that will start a larger battle in which Heph and his two cronies will come at you.

HOWEVER, given that you agroed basically the entirety of UGR and DSC Cavern under the DSC Basement, and (given your description of Belbin + guards) it appears that DSC Basement was already hostile to you.

Due to that, I would suspect that Heph + Cronies INTENTIONALLY have been despawned.

This is NOT a problem.

You have entered DSC Basement, thus your variables that determine main plot are fine. Yes, you've missed the cutscene with Heph...that's actually not an uncommon thing to happen since there is only 1 of many paths you can take through UGR/DSC Cavern/DSC Basement that will get you TO that cutscene...the rest of them generally has DSC Basement going hostile on you before you get to see Heph talking to ... who he talks to... :)

Your game is NOT corrupted...it is actually (I suspect, I have not confirmed this through checking the saved game variables but I"m pretty familiar with the plot) on track and working as expected.

Head back to ASC (Allied Siege Camp). You'll be moved forward from there.

If you get back to the ASC and do NOT get a trigger for the next part of the campaign (it will happen the moment you enter ASC at this point, so don't feel you need to wander ASC for minutes...if the game is working as expected and on track, the moment you enter ASC you will enter into dialog that will explain what's going on) please re-post (we've got the saved game) so we can look into it.

However, at this point, it doesn't look like you've actually got a problem.

If you'd like to see the Heph cutscene try the following:

1) Enter UGR, move all the way to the door into DSC Cavern Guarded by the Guards.
    2) Choose option 2 in that dialog which will lead you to a conversation about how you can prove you're good intentions...this is the only dialog line with her that won't end in a battle which is BAD.
    3) The easiest way through the door is a firebomb potion which you can obtain from the initial depot at the beginning of UGR in one of the crates. If you talk to the guys at the fire they'll tell you a story about how some moron dropped a firebomb potion into the fire once and blew stuff up...
    4) Drop the fire potion into the fire and it will blow up and the door guards will go running off after the last moron that did this, leaving the door unguarded.
    5a) Enter UGR Caverns, if you have Glint in the party go up to the north most area of this zone and talk with Rhonda who will introduce you to the ogres who will get you up the rope.
    5b) If you have Caelar's Seal in your inventory, you should be able to talk your way up the lift by talking with the Ogres.
    6) ONce you're up the lift and UGR/DSC Caverns is NOT hostile, complete the Belbin scene (which will have significantly less enemies), DO NOT POISON ANYTHING, and walk around till you enter Heph's Room...

That'll get you the cutscene.
    JuliusBorisov