Skip to content

Voices extremely quiet

hasnopantshasnopants Member Posts: 1
edited March 2018 in Technical Support
Hi! Just installed NWN EE off steam last night and all seems to running perfectly except sound. I have a ceative soundblaster z installed as well as a 5.1 surround sound pc speaker setup and I noticed a couple of things. First I didnt know you were using OpenAl so I actually tried to install Creative ALchemy to the game dir to get EAX working but to no avail. Then I found forum posts about OpenAL as well as basically all the sound options are disabled (hence not being able to select 5.1 audio bc it just reverts) Anyways after messing around for about 20 minutes I just gave up and started playing on what I assume is 2 speaker stereo. What I found is that the mixing is way off, the voices and to some extent the sound effects are way too quiet. So my question is that is this a known issue, could this be just my problem or did I maybe corrupt something trying to ALchemy it? I sort of fixed it by mixing music way down and turning my sound up but thats kind of a weird way to do things...so I thought id report it. Also of note, I switched to playing it over steamlink with my controller and the sound mixing issue went away as voices sounded normal again and all that. So just thought it was weird and I am thinking about whacking the install and redownloading on steam tonight just to see. Finally, is the game 5.1 right now if your setup supports it? I couldnt really tell at my desk when I was playing it seemed to be in stereo.

Anyways! Thanks for remaking such an awesome classic DND experience and keep up the great work!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello!

We have a few issues reported for the same card. Thanks for your feedback.

Starting the Beamdog Client can de-toggle your Surround box on the front page of Soundblaster Control panel. Can you check that after starting the game, and re-set it if needed.