Skip to content

Fans of Dungeon's and Dragons in Baldur's Gate

I'm an old AD&D player from the early 80's, say '79-83. I've always enjoyed it even after I 'grew up' and exchanged my dice and TSR Manuals for beer and hotties. But I digress.

Who here is a fan of the same? The reason I ask is that I've always tried to tailor my BG universe to the rules I played under back then. After all, Forgotten Realms is on the same planet as the World of Greyhawk was, i.e. Oerth.

Level 1 NPCs assisted me greatly in ensuring my classes/kits somewhat mirrored those in the original Players Handbook and Dungeon Masters Guide.

What are some of the better mods that attempt or assist you in getting there using Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?

I see some that address AD&D 3.5 (which I'm not familiar with). What else?

Would love to hear your ideas and input. CT
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'm currently working on a mod called Deities of Faerûn, that creates a lot of cleric kits as close to their PnP counterpart as possible.

I think you'll like it.
    CharlestonianTemplarJuliusBorisov
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Raduziel said:

I'm currently working on a mod called Deities of Faerûn, that creates a lot of cleric kits as close to their PnP counterpart as possible.

I think you'll like it.

Thanks @Raduziel. I already have a version of your DoF mod listed as one to use. I don't recall, does it tie Paladins to a deity? Druids?

Thanks, CT
    I found a super mod by @aVENGER on SHS called aTweaks. Not sure how many use that but it is REALLY good and true to the AD&D 2nd edition, especially with regard to fiends. Really everything in that mod ties back. That took research.
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @CharlestonianTemplar Not yet. Once I finish with all the deities I'll start the Druid/Ranger/Paladin/Monk branch of this mod. But I wouldn't hold my breath, it will take a long time.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

I found a super mod by @aVENGER on SHS called aTweaks. Not sure how many use that but it is REALLY good and true to the AD&D 2nd edition, especially with regard to fiends. Really everything in that mod ties back. That took research.

It's a good mod, but it can also be quite brutal if you install all the toughest options. If you're unlucky with the results of gating by fiends or mephits you can quickly find your party getting buried under hordes. Some of the new abilities for undead can also take a bit of getting used to.
    CharlestonianTemplarStummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CharlestonianTemplar

does it tie Paladins to a deity? Druids?

Faiths and Powers does.
    Excellent! Thanks @subtledoctor