Skip to content

Have you ever been in a server with 20+ DMs spawning mad wars and monster armies...

LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
edited February 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I remembered a desire, a lust, as it was, which I had way back when NWN was in full swing with team pvp.

I dreamed of a massive server with Realms vs Realms Team PvP. Where up to 20 DMs were logged in at any time, spawning mad armies of monsters/etc to fight against players. In my mind, I sort of envisioned a Dm vs DM or Gods vs Gods realm, where players ended up the pawns in a massive RvR endless war.

Of course, the mod can be scripted to do that (Good vs Evil 1,2,3 the mods for example) --- but DMs can do so much more. They can spawn anything in the monster library to fight players. DMs can even possess the monster to fight. I do not think any other mmos, even WoW, i do not think they allow mere players to log in as DMs to do this. (Probably WoW allows a DM to do this after submitting a job application and cv). But a DM in possession of a creature... can use the voiceset lmao.

I would really like to see a mod like this. Good vs Evil is one I guess. I guess the monsters need to be much more powerful. It's always hard as a DM not to accidentally kill your players too easily........

Good vs Evils 3's AI is pretty good too. The enemy will really poke you around then try to slam you dead at the end. I wish more players would play it.
Post edited by Libertyisback on

Comments

• voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited February 2018
    Sound like fun, but you know what you have to do to make it happen, right?

As the magic mouth would say:

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Sounds possible only when playing in Pac-Man graphics and 1 frame per 5 seconds.
    And the land where the guy with a vorpal weapon and advanced cleave is king
  • SnafulatorSnafulator Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2018
    The hard-core RP server i used to play on had 4-5 DM's on some nights all attacking the player-run town with an undead army. After one battle where the players got overrun they all logged in the next morning to find the town razed and filled with undead spawns. Took months worth of players contributing their own gp to start rebuilding the town. Good memories..
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210

The hard-core RP server i used to play on had 4-5 DM's on some nights all attacking the player-run town with an undead army. After one battle where the players got overrun they all logged in the next morning to find the town razed and filled with undead spawns. Took months worth of players contributing their own gp to start rebuilding the town. Good memories..

Heya Shimtek!
    Good old Archak the undead king. Fun times!
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    MrDamage said:

Heya Shimtek!
    Good old Archak the undead king. Fun times!
    which server or mod was this O_O ?
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    Mystaria black horizon
  • SnafulatorSnafulator Member Posts: 27
    MrDamage said:

Mystaria black horizon

you know it :D

Hey are you on steam dude? Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/snafulator