Skip to content

[REQUEST] Edit Familiar

XuvenXuven Member Posts: 2
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me here, I'd like to edit my familiar to be a Wolf, but I can't find it in Shadow Keeper... Any suggestions?

Comments

• ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    In EE Keeper/Shadowkeeper go to Tools -> Edit Out of Party Characters. Your familiar will be in the list somewhere. You can change his in-game model under the Appearance tab if I'm right. Note I've never actually tested if this worked, so good luck!
  • XuvenXuven Member Posts: 2
    Thunder said:

In EE Keeper/Shadowkeeper go to Tools -> Edit Out of Party Characters. Your familiar will be in the list somewhere. You can change his in-game model under the Appearance tab if I'm right. Note I've never actually tested if this worked, so good luck!

Thanks for that!! Now next dilemma seems to be that I can't rename the familiar! Any pointers? :P
  • MedievalClaireMedievalClaire Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to rename my Familiar / Ranger companion but having issues. Did you ever get it to work? I have EE Keeper and I tried going to Tools / Edit out of Party Members as suggested but EE Keeper crashes every time.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    edited March 2018
    Familiar names are stored in the .dlg file like most text in BG.
    So to change the name you have to write it into the .dlg file and then set the proper string reference in the creature file.

NearInfinity will allow you to do that pretty easily.