Skip to content

Yxunomei ga taosenai

Can someone give me some strategy in how to beat Yxunomei and her Yuan-ti cronies please? Bosses like her are the reason why casualisation was invented.

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Cast web twice to trap all her henchmen. Hold the door so that there is a bottleneck effect on her. Have your fighters hit her and keep her at the entrance, have your archers shoot her, and have your spellcasters fire area of effect spells into the web where the henchmen are trapped. This could include confusion spells and fireballs/skull traps.

Set some traps at the door as well! Happy hunting!
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Cast web twice to trap all her henchmen. Hold the door so that there is a bottleneck effect on her. Have your fighters hit her and keep her at the entrance, have your archers shoot her, and have your spellcasters fire area of effect spells into the web where the henchmen are trapped. This could include confusion spells and fireballs/skull traps.

Set some traps at the door as well! Happy hunting!

Thanks. I managed to defeat Yxunomei at the cost of my Paladin (Cavalier kit). He got better.
    QuartzIamdorf
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    It's funny to think about. I have no problem with Yxunomei in IWD:EE because I was stuck on the un-updated Mac OS X version of Icewind Dale for many years, where she was 10x tougher. Nevertheless she is still a tough boss.

Thanks. I managed to defeat Yxunomei at the cost of my Paladin (Cavalier kit). He got better.

Did she turn him into a newt?
    Balrog99Firecrow
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Quartz said:

It's funny to think about. I have no problem with Yxunomei in IWD:EE because I was stuck on the un-updated Mac OS X version of Icewind Dale for many years, where she was 10x tougher. Nevertheless she is still a tough boss.

No. He got killed but i had him ressurected in the temple of Illmater in Kuldahar. The downside is he didn't get the XP for the quest like the other party members.
    Quartz
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Hey, @Quartz is back!

Anyway, the key to beating Yxuno IMO:
    1. DELAY the folks in the room for as long as you can, by whatever means necessary (i.e.: AoE spells, summons, etc.).
    2. Meanwhile, focus your efforts on killing the spellcasters who appear behind you as quickly as possible.

Those casters will ruin you if you let them hang around.
    Balrog99Quartz
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    send 1 harmless but healthy person. wait until Yxu casts cloudkill. Drink potion of invisibility and stay inside the cloud.

because of really bad AI every yuanti will approach and home in to the character and remain in the cloud. Everything will die except yxu and then you can safely only deal with her
    Quartz
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    Quartz said:

Did she really get nerfed?

Or are we just metagaming her due to all the replays and restart-itis? ...the noobs still seem to struggle, after all. Remember how surprised YOU were the first time an utterly alien, indifferent ancient demon suddenly appeared to ridicule and then stomp you like a fly?
    Iamdorf
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Yxunomei was the first creature to display the "weapon ineffective" string to me.

Good times of blind playthrough.