Skip to content

Enemy AI script sets

What are the best AI script sets to use to make enemy smart and fight well?

Has anything new come out in the last 10 years? I have tony K's and Jasper's, not sure if they have been updated or if anything new has been released.

PhantomizerDorrian

Comments

• AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2018
    There is nothing new, beware that using Jasper's script, some basic functions such as GetHasSpell, work differently than version 1.69
    To make you understand the difference, a wizard creature, level 40, without objects, with intelligence = 80, with 5 assigned spells of ninth level:
    result returned by the function in 1.69: 5
    result returned by the function in 1.74: 0
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    I won't pretend that I fully understand what that means, I have a limited understanding of scripting. I will assume it means it doesn't recognize the caster has spells to use?

Is this a bug? is anyone working on fixing this?
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    bump....

how would I fix this?
  • TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
    I've used Tony K's for a long time. I don't know of others, or updates. I've used it for so long that I forget what it does that the original doesn't exactly. I think NPCs will use parry, taunt, and will wander close to hidden and invisible players - which were things the original did not do. The spell casters with Tony K are decently smart. They try to heal each other and strip buffs from enemies. I don't recall if fast buffing is part of it or not.
  • nwninterestednwninterested Member Posts: 6
    When they make the ability to make our own classes, and spells how are we to tell the ai which spells to use? I hope the devs have this figured out.
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    edited April 2018
    In spells.2da there is a column called Category which references the categories.2da and describes whether a spell is Harmful Area of Effect Indiscriminate (fireball), Harmful Ranged (acid arrow), Harmful Touch (inflict wounds), and so on. All AI (monster & companion) refer to that category, regardless of whether it is Jasperre's, TonyK's, BioWare, etc. So any update to the AI (which I hope will happen) will still reference the category. Feats also references the same category so that the AI knows which feat is Beneficial Healing Touch (lay on hands).
  • DorrianDorrian Member Posts: 15
    Aliberto said:

There is nothing new, beware that using Jasper's script, some basic functions such as GetHasSpell, work differently than version 1.69
    To make you understand the difference, a wizard creature, level 40, without objects, with intelligence = 80, with 5 assigned spells of ninth level:
    result returned by the function in 1.69: 5
    result returned by the function in 1.74: 0

Has anyone been working on new caster AIs then?