Skip to content

Reputation Mod for IWD:EE?

Just curious if anyone ever wrote a simple reputation mod for IWD:EE that allows the reputation system to work just like BG and BG2 (not capping at 8 rep with donations). Yes you can simply update it in EEKeeper or what have you, but I'm thinking donations work for BG, so they could work here. Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just seeing if anything is out there?

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    That has always been a weird sticking point about Icewind Dale. On one hand it makes sense not to integrate reputation because you're sort of railroad'd into the same direction in the game no matter what alignment you are (save for some dialogue options showing your characters' motivations), on the other it seems like a glaring oversight––especially when you can donate to temples fruitlessly.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Quartz said:

That has always been a weird sticking point about Icewind Dale. On one hand it makes sense not to integrate reputation because you're sort of railroad'd into the same direction in the game no matter what alignment you are (save for some dialogue options showing your characters' motivations), on the other it seems like a glaring oversight––especially when you can donate to temples fruitlessly.

Right on Quartz! Yes, I actually submitted an enhancement idea via Remine to maybe add in at least some postives and negatives for things like... Stopping old Jed from drinking, scaring Jermsy in the old Mill, etc. And yeah... the fact that it is capped is a bit crazy to me.
  • RyanFialcowitzRyanFialcowitz Member Posts: 16

Just curious if anyone ever wrote a simple reputation mod for IWD:EE that allows the reputation system to work just like BG and BG2 (not capping at 8 rep with donations). Yes you can simply update it in EEKeeper or what have you, but I'm thinking donations work for BG, so they could work here. Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just seeing if anything is out there?

I actually made a mod that did this, among other things. When the patch finally hits Good Old Games I'll update all of my mods and release it. In the meantime you can easily make these changes yourself by editing REPUTATI.2DA .

I actually made a mod that did this, among other things. When the patch finally hits Good Old Games I'll update all of my mods and release it. In the meantime you can easily make these changes yourself by editing REPUTATI.2DA .
    That'd be great. Yeah, I believe just because rep is a BG Holdover, doesn't mean it has to go away completely. Really, doing so gears the game for Good Alignment even moreso... and while there's not many options to be evil in IWD, there are some. To punish evil parties by not allowing rep-raise is kind of silly.

That'd be great. Yeah, I believe just because rep is a BG Holdover, doesn't mean it has to go away completely. Really, doing so gears the game for Good Alignment even moreso... and while there's not many options to be evil in IWD, there are some. To punish evil parties by not allowing rep-raise is kind of silly.
    What the heck, I'll attach my existing version here! I doubt the file will get changed with future patches, but even if it does this one should override it.

I also made a mod the re-enabled stealing from shops if you're interested.

What the heck, I'll attach my existing version here! I doubt the file will get changed with future patches, but even if it does this one should override it.

I also made a mod the re-enabled stealing from shops if you're interested.
    Good stuff! Thank you! Curious - Does it use the same table as BG2:EE?
    Despite owning both on Good Old Games, I've never actually played the second Baldur's Gate and barely played the first one. I do know the Enhanced Editions were based to an extent on the second one but which game that file is reflective of I cannot say, except of course that I modded the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition one.

Despite owning both on Good Old Games, I've never actually played the second Baldur's Gate and barely played the first one. I do know the Enhanced Editions were based to an extent on the second one but which game that file is reflective of I cannot say, except of course that I modded the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition one.

I see, mainly I was checking to see if it used this chart:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36965/increase-reputation-with-donations
    I made it years ago, but I do remember I made my own chart. But like I said it's extremely easy to edit and change it to however you want.

I made it years ago, but I do remember I made my own chart. But like I said it's extremely easy to edit and change it to however you want.

Gotcha. Yeah maybe I can pull the chart out of Near Infinity for BG or BG2 and just supplant that. I'd like the values to match up with those games, for balance sake. Appreciate the insight.
    No worries, have fun!