Skip to content

NWN EE Head Starter: CD KEY not allowed to multiplayer

2»

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    One possible reason why you might have a different key, is if you haven't run the game via Steam or the Beamdog Client at least once. There is a default key that fills that file until it is updated on doing one of those two things.

The Numbering differences in the folders indicates the product / stream of the product.

785 indicates a standard Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, while 829 indicates the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Head Start.
  • thatoneuserthatoneuser Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased and loaded NWN: EE Deluxe Edition. Unable to load the multiplayer settings as well. I also have no way to get the CD key.

Regarding the CD keys, a VoD on twitch and a youtube repost stated that it would be possible to get CD keys from the beamdog account information section. That tab simple isn't there for my account. I was hoping to add my purchased product to my steam library for convenience assuming I can ever get it to a functional condition.

I have a myriad of other problems with which I'm pursuing as well. Which are unrelated to multiplayer.
    http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36229
    http://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/requests/30159

I find this absolutely unbelievable that I've had to make 3 separate accounts to submit tickets only to be redirected elsewhere constantly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The difference is caused maybe by the fact the first CDKey is from beamdog.com, while the second one is from Steam.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @thatoneuser The save issue could be related to a antivirus or other program blocking the creation of files in your Documents folder. Do you have something like Avast or AVG running?
  • thatoneuserthatoneuser Member Posts: 2

@thatoneuser The save issue could be related to a antivirus or other program blocking the creation of files in your Documents folder. Do you have something like Avast or AVG running?

1) Good call. It being a decade since last I played, I had forgotten about to where NWN saved. Making exceptions in AVG doesn't work, but disabling it outright allows for saves. Oddly enough, auto-saves worked in all cases (without exception, with exception, enabled or disabled AVG). Thanks.

2) Now, fixing the multiplayer issue is paramount.

Error: MS0020

3) I'm also unable to add the CD key from cdkey.ini to steam to consolidate my collection. The beamdog website doesn't have a CD Key button as I've seen in screenshots for my account.