Skip to content

Conversion from 1.69 to EE. My pw.

Hi, i have a giant pw, all builded and finished, coded with all the things i've done from the beginning of nwn.
We play hosted on a server in Dallas, actually.
We would like to go EE; i've buyed the game NWN EE.

When it will be released, what are the steps i will have to do to convert my pw to EE?
(i use prc in italian, all translated by me, cep 2,3, cmp, cpp, acp and so many other things - about 52 haks.)

Thanks. I hope the conversion will be automatic and easy.

Comments

• dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    I just did the same thing. Because nwnx isn't ready yet for ee, I converted to the bioware database for now. I had to rewrite some calls to functions for persistence but otherwise it was very painless. Instead of nwnx restarting the server, if it were to crash, I use a batch file. It doesn't ever crash, but I mainly use it to reload the module when I make updates or additions.
  • HillyanHillyan Member Posts: 22
    Nwnx is the only problem? I've heard of some nwn scripts that have been overwritten and that cause problems. I have legendary levels and subrace that use nwnx; this is a problem...
  • FinalStandFinalStand Member Posts: 87
    I've converted a few worlds (without NWNX), no problems so far. In fact, it's not really a conversation, most modules should work "as is".

There is also a version of NWNX for NWN:EE, but haven't used it.
    Ok, tried and it's okay, i will try to put it online. I've only a problem posted on tech support
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    @Hillyan did you get a windows nwnx binary? If you did can you link it because I can't seem to make the page work when I tried to get one.
    Sincerely i've tried to pickup an nwnx ee from the site, but i can't find a download page....any news from anyone?
    Thanks dmjinn, i've downloaded package, installed it in my server host; i've filled the right folders with my haks, overrides, portraits, music and modules.
    Nwserver works.
    Now, i've downloaded an nwnx ee from gifthub but it seems not for windows (there is no classic exe and many files .so)
    Do you know where can i download a windows version of nwnxee?
  • DM_DjinnDM_Djinn Member Posts: 112
    Hillyan said:

Thanks dmjinn, i've downloaded package, installed it in my server host; i've filled the right folders with my haks, overrides, portraits, music and modules.
    Nwserver works.
    Now, i've downloaded an nwnx ee from gifthub but it seems not for windows (there is no classic exe and many files .so)
    Do you know where can i download a windows version of nwnxee?

I can say from experience that the best way to host the EE:NWNX will be via Linux... We used to host via Windows, but we moved to Linux and we use the Docker image, now. Sorry. I hope this helps. Perhaps someone else can give you more info, I know a few servers running windows, but I suppose they are maybe not using NWNX.