Skip to content

Barghest's goons cheat?

Currently playing through SoD on Core difficulty without any script mods a la SCS or Tactics. I surrendered Bridgefort, leading to The Barghest showing back up during the attack on Dragonspear with a bunch of cronies.

My strategy for dealing with them involved a few blasts from a wand of fear, which they summarily ignored. Most didn't save - their little circles went yellow - they just behaved exactly as they would otherwise. The warrior-types all attacked like normal, and The Barghest and his orc companion both used Enrage to de-fear themselves. The worst offender was the rogue, who continued to go invisible and backstab at will. The only one who behaved like I'd expect was the priest, who started a few spells but never successfully cast (the mage always saved, so I'm not sure if he might have had the same issue).

Is this a known issue? It seems like they're scripted to just walk through an otherwise effective use of crowd control, which isn't exactly fair to the player.

Comments

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    My guess is that someone’s casting Remove Fear (level 1 Cleric) or Resist Fear (level 2 Mage) in the early stages of the fight. There’s so much in the combat log in fights like this it’s easy to miss. As for the circles turning yellow, I would assume that it’s a visual bug, much like a character getting the swirly Held sign above their heads while under Free Action.

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    redline said:

My strategy for dealing with them involved a few blasts from a wand of fear, which they summarily ignored. Most didn't save - their little circles went yellow - they just behaved exactly as they would otherwise.

Known issue, should be fixed in the next patch. It only affects panic effects, other crowd control should be fine.

The fixed file (bdshout.bcs) is in the archive, you can drop it into "override" folder (create it, if it doesn't exist) in the main game directory.