Skip to content

Dynaheir the Shaman ?

Dynaheir the Rashemaar Witch seems an interesting candidate for the Shaman class.
Reading the 2nd ed. AD&D supplement Spellbound, which detailed Thay, Aglarond, and Rashemen, I get the sense that the strange magics and stranger ways of the Witches of Rashemen could be represented by the Shaman class (- or the Sorcerer, perhaps, but that's more of the same.) Spirit magics, elemental forces, spontaneous spellcasting, the notion of the land itself responding to the Witches' wishes ...

If nothing else, it's a way to shake things up a bit and try different things.

What do YOU think? Dynaheir the Shaman?
  1. Dynaheir the Shaman ?29 votes
    1. No way, José
      68.97%
    2. Make way, villany! Shaman coming through!
      31.03%

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm gonna say no, but I did have to sit and think awhile to get my answer. Her dialogue (at least in NPC project) and manner/appearance really give the air arcane mystery and training.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I think Sorcerer makes the most sense for her... tbh.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited March 2018
    Hmmm, interesting. With the right shaman kit, maybe. I'd certainly be willing to try her out as a Dreadful Witch, that uses curses as opposed to summons.
    Any chance you could make that an option @Raduziel within the kit as you did with the Charlatan for Eldoth?

EDIT: Shoot, they can only be neutral evil.

Storm Caller perhaps, drawing down lightning as opposed to summons, as she already has a penchant for the elemental forces
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2018
    Zaghoul said:

Hmmm, interesting. I'd certainly be willing to try her out as a Dreadful Witch, that uses curses as opposed to summons.
    Any chance you could make that an option @Raduziel within the kit as you did with the Charlatan for Eldoth?

I want to make a NPC component for the I Hate Undead but my idea is to turn Faldorn into a Dreadful Witch.

IIRC, there's a mod (maybe Tome and Blood?) that turns Dynaheir into a Rashemen Sorcerer.

This year is being though to me, so IDK when I'll have the time to sketch something. Even DoF is on hold ATM.

PS: Dreadful Witches are Evil. When I designed this kit I was thinking in something like Morrigan from Dragon Age or the witches from fairy tales.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'm all for Dynaheir the Witcher, personally.

Even more interesting would of course to see her as an Witch Doctor. She already succeeded in making Minsc's inner working into a shrunken brain. Might as well go one step further in her quest of shrunking heads.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Even more interesting would of course to see her as an Witch Doctor.

Ah, but has she ever been to Walla Walla? And while there, did she do a search on Bing that blew up with a bang?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Great, now that's stuck in my head again.