Skip to content

Paladin spell progression in Icewind Dale

How does the Paladin spell progression work in Icewind Dale. I am currently doing a solo run and my paladin got his first level cleric spell at level 6. He is now level 8 and has not got any new spells?

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited April 2018
    You can find the Paladin spell progression table on Page 378 of the IWDEE Manual Part 2 Mastering Melee and Magic. I cannot post a screenshot now as I'm not on my computer, but you can find it all in that page.

And yes, he'll get his next spell slot when he reaches level 10, and that's a 2nd level spell slot.

Edit: You can download the Manuals from this thread, just in case you don't have them.

Hopefully, I'll soon add these tables to the IWD Wiki as well, so that people can find it easily.
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    Thanks Ric most helpful.
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    Solo Paladin sounds great !! How bad are the traps?? Every solo I do involves a thief or at least a Mage/Thief ??
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @theonlypeej: Traps in IWD tend to be easy to avoid if you know where they are, so access to the divine spell Find Traps is sufficient.
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169

Solo Paladin sounds great !! How bad are the traps?? Every solo I do involves a thief or at least a Mage/Thief ??

Well to be trueful I am playing the solo Paladin run on android and I think it is bugged as an icon shows where all the traps are but I thought what the hell as I know where most of them are any way and I have still walked into most of them. I am just about to start Dragon's Eye and have not died yet. I think Yxunomi's lair will be a challenge if the trap icon did not show them up. I did a solo run with a monk and he could find the traps but not disarm them.
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    Nice...I might grow up and try a run...