Skip to content

EET and Romance Cheats questions (and one unrelated question)

Hi everyone,

I've been recently looking at using the Enhanced Edition Trilogy for my play through of the Enhanced Editions. I want to go through BG:EE, SoD, and BG2:EE

I have some concerns though, maybe someone with experience can answer because information is surprisingly sparse - I want to use the "Multiple Romance" cheats option from the Tweaks Anthology, as I don't really have time to play through multiple times to experience all that content. The readme says that it only applies to the original Bioware romances, but some comments here and there online say that it also affects the EE romances. Which is correct?

If it DOES affect the EE romances, does it only work for those in BG2:EE? I noticed that the Romance Cheats component is not available at all for BG:EE, and this seems to imply that they don't work for the BG:EE or SoD portions of the game. I would like to collect achievements for BG:EE so it would be really nice to know this information, as I cannot collect achievements for BG:EE if I use EET (since it only runs out of BG2:EE and won't register in Steam what I am doing for the BG:EE portion of the game).

Also, what are the benefits of using EET other than better character continuity and not having to import your game into the next one? If it's just convenience, and if the romances won't be affected either way, I might as well just do separate installs.

Lastly, unrelated question - there is a component that lets every character class use 4 weapon slots like fighters. This seems interesting, but my understanding of why this was done is that some character classes have other buttons they need to use (like a thief skill button or a spellcasting button) and there simply wasn't enough space in the UI bar for 4 weapon slots in those cases. How does this actually interact? Will my non-fighter characters lose access to those buttons? Will they just not show up in the UI bar, forcing me to go into the inventory and switch around anyway? Will there just be an elongated UI bar? What happens here? I suppose I could just install and try it but that would take a lot of time just to see how one mod works... so if anyone else uses that, let me know please!

Comments

• LudovikHLudovikH Member Posts: 46
    The romance cheat of tweaks anthology applies to these original romances in BG2/ToB
    Aerie
    Anomen
    Jaheira
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Hexxat
    Neera
    Rasaad

None of those romances start prior BG2. So the cheat is irrelevant for the BG1 part and EET does not change content.

The mod may create stuttering in the game if you try to have an additional romance with certain (not all) mod NPCs as well, so use caution.
  • KronoKenisisKronoKenisis Member Posts: 15
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Information online (e.g. the wiki) seems to imply that you can start preliminary romances in BG:EE with Neera, Rasaad and Dorn, and start them in earnest (As a prologue to the BG2:EE Romances I'm guessing) in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. There also seems to be a SoD romance for Viconia and Safana, as well as a lot of other new NPCs.

I have also heard (don't remember where) that the Siege of Dragonspear romances DO conflict. This could be wrong.

So if I understand you correctly, the Romance Cheats of Tweaks Anthology apply to both vanilla and EE romances in BG2:EE but do nothing for any romantic activity occurring in BG:EE or its expansion, whether they are officially considered "romances" or otherwise?
  • LudovikHLudovikH Member Posts: 46

Thank you for the quick reply.

Information online (e.g. the wiki) seems to imply that you can start preliminary romances in BG:EE with Neera, Rasaad and Dorn, and start them in earnest (As a prologue to the BG2:EE Romances I'm guessing) in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. There also seems to be a SoD romance for Viconia and Safana, as well as a lot of other new NPCs.

I have also heard (don't remember where) that the Siege of Dragonspear romances DO conflict. This could be wrong.

So if I understand you correctly, the Romance Cheats of Tweaks Anthology apply to both vanilla and EE romances in BG2:EE but do nothing for any romantic activity occurring in BG:EE or its expansion, whether they are officially considered "romances" or otherwise?

Correct. The SoD and early BG1 *pre-romance* talks use a different coding and a different set of gobal variables. The tweak mod only deals with the *classic* romances and the "xxxxRomanceActive" status used by these.
  • SeeweadSeewead Member Posts: 12

[...], as I don't really have time to play through multiple times to experience all that content.

@KronoKenisis: That I can understand only too well. Same here.

Therefore it could be worth pointing out to you THE multi-romance-mod, that is used in addition to and on top of the multi-romance-patch from tweaks anthology. It is called the Rjali-mod. It contains not only the NPC-girl Rjali, but also incorporates all of the vanilla-Bioware-women and most of the fan-made romance-mods you can find out there. It effectively allows you to romance ALL of the women at once (even more than the 5 open slots the game allows you have in your group). You can find the mod here in the corresponding forum:
    http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?s=61db85d7b95d05ce75eaeaea7a02e21a&showforum=161
    LudovikH said:

The romance cheat of tweaks anthology applies to these original romances in BG2/ToB. [...] The mod may create stuttering in the game if you try to have an additional romance with certain (not all) mod NPCs as well, so use caution.

Yes, good point from LudovikH. Unfortunately this is the big problem of the multi-romance-patch from tweaks anthology. This problem, however, is solved by the Rjali-mod.

Just so you know: The rjali-mod doesn't work with EET yet. It is BG2EE only.

Should you seek for something similar in BGEE and SOD, you could go for the Jini-mod (same author). You can find it here:
    http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5365

• KronoKenisisKronoKenisis Member Posts: 15
    @Seewead thank you for the tip! I'll certainly look into those mods.
    LudovikH said:

Correct. The SoD and early BG1 *pre-romance* talks use a different coding and a different set of gobal variables. The tweak mod only deals with the *classic* romances and the "xxxxRomanceActive" status used by these.

Thank you very much for the clarification!