Skip to content

PRC Team Forming

I have had a large amount of renewed interest in the PRC from members of the community. With this increase in interest I have decided to attempt to gather together a group to fix bugs, Update the PRC, and possibly add content to it.

I am looking for members of the team to work on both versions of NWN as we wish to release it to both versions of the game. If you are interested please contact me via private message so I can provide you with a link to the team forum.
BehindflayerronaldoKamigoroshi

Comments

• jwwjww Member Posts: 34
    Have you considered a parallel project to create a mini-PRC? Or a modular version, though I'm not sure how that would work with modules or persistent worlds if people chose different modules. Maybe it's already possible to install components separately?

It would be nice to have a moderately sized batch of well-thought-out races and classes, while avoiding...everything else in the PRC (including avoiding classes and prestige classes that require their own spellbook/spellcasting progression, or that inherit spellcasting progression from another class, until Beamdog updates the EE to handle that the right way).
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited April 2018
    @jww there already exist a mini-PRC in form of Player Resource Consortium's Lite by @Shadooow.

Personally, I'm really keen in seeing the future of PRC for the EE. Especially when Beamdog opens up the Race Selection menu, so that players don't need to fire up the PRC Character Creator anymore for playing custom races. Maybe it will be even possible for the PRC to ditch the dialogue spellbooks and have them work via NwN:EE's UI spellbooks instead. Now that would be fun! :D
  • clansunstarclansunstar Member Posts: 33
    jww said:

Have you considered a parallel project to create a mini-PRC? Or a modular version, though I'm not sure how that would work with modules or persistent worlds if people chose different modules. Maybe it's already possible to install components separately?

It would be nice to have a moderately sized batch of well-thought-out races and classes, while avoiding...everything else in the PRC (including avoiding classes and prestige classes that require their own spellbook/spellcasting progression, or that inherit spellcasting progression from another class, until Beamdog updates the EE to handle that the right way).

We are going to look at a modular approach so builders can choose what they want. Don't know how possible it is but that is one of the goals.
    Atrophiederic
  • clansunstarclansunstar Member Posts: 33

@jww there already exist a mini-PRC in form of Player Resource Consortium's Lite by @Shadooow.

Personally, I'm really keen in seeing the future of PRC for the EE. Especially when Beamdog opens up the Race Selection menu, so that players don't need to fire up the PRC Character Creator anymore for playing custom races. Maybe it will be even possible for the PRC to ditch the dialogue spellbooks and have them work via NwN:EE's UI spellbooks instead. Now that would be fun! :D

Our goal is to make just as easily to make a character with PRC as in the OC minus all the additional content. We also are going to look at removing those pesky spellbooks.