Skip to content

Vampyr

DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
edited March 2018 in Off-Topic
I was kind of surprised nobody had started a thread I could find on this game, yet. The game's totally not related to the World Of Darkness setting that Vampire Bloodlines was set in. I think it goes without saying, despite that, being a vampire game, there's no way it's not going to be compared Bloodlines.

I'm pretty interested in it. Like Werewolf: Earth Blood, it sounds like it'll be a management system of feeding/abstaining. Interestingly it sounds like you get more XP for knowing more about your victims. Seems like it could off some interesting possibilities of only killing off the murderers and other baddies.

The setting seems fairly unique, too. WW1 focusing on the Spanish Flu outbreak. Can't think of anyone's that done that before. Of course WW1 has been done before, but this seems to be away from the front, centered on London, with the war as background scenery.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-20-vampyr-gameplay-hands-on
SethDavisBelleSorciere

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    The Story Trailer is here

I can forgive this if the story is good, but dammit those animations in the trailer look janky. It just makes me think of the weirdness in games like Bloodlines, where objects, like clothing, with physical properties would jerk around or where people's eyes would twitch around all crazy.

I've actually been running a table top White Wolf Vampire game, so I'm super excited to get to play a vampire myself, again. All this Vampire stuff takes me back to my teenage years in the 90s. June 5th is the supposed release date, now.

The WW1 era setting is really exciting to me, as well. The table top game I run is based on Xenophon's Anabasis, so the change in scenery for me sounds fun.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    This game has all the trappings of a low-budget studio disaster. I'm thinking stuff like Technomancer or Lichdom. These games just always turn out to have fundamental if not game-breaking flaws, be it general gameplay or (especially) optimization issues. I would bet alot of money Vampyr will be in the bargin bin within 2 months of it's release. It's just what always happens to these kind of titles.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's being made by the people that did life is strange. it was never gonna be a AAA game.

The animations look a lot less janky in this trailer. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.
    So I got play a bit less than hour before work today. So far I'm finding it intriguing, despite not normally liking the lock target consoley style of combat it uses.

RPS has a Wot I Think of it up.
    https://rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/04/vampyr-review-pc/
    ThacoBell