Skip to content

BG2EE ToB - Load/Quickload=Glitch

kgcolbyiiikgcolbyiii Member Posts: 18
edited April 2018 in Troubleshooting
Hello,

I have a question about Load/Quickload,

I originally imported my game file and started playing. But when I rested it forced me back to the stone heads (while i was in hell) no matter how many times i re-started and re-imported.

So i said Eff it and decided to make a whole new fresh guy. Everything was good and I was able to rest. I did a quick load while at the city under seige and once I did that It teleported back back to the stone heads at the beginning and I cannot leave unless I console teleport. I cannot Load a game without going to the stone heads.
I don't want to have to console teleport every single time I rest/quickload.

What's causing this? my LUA is all default minus the debug option. I don't use any mods at all.

Also I'd like to mention I can still see chat spamming the war with fire giants and military guards damage rolls while I'm at the heads.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @kgcolbyiii Could you upload a save game for people to test? Or the game file you used to import?
  • kgcolbyiiikgcolbyiii Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2018
    not sure which file is needed
    Post edited by kgcolbyiii on
    Man it's getting really old being sent to the stone heads every time i start the game or need to load because I died.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game? In the other thread, it sounded like you never quite resolved the issue with your game data being in an unexpected place. It made me suspect that you might have multiple copies of the game that aren't playing nice with each other or something, and I'm wondering if this is also related to that. There was definitely something nonstandard about your setup.

The .bmp files you uploaded are bitmap images. Doubledimas was asking for .sav or .gam files.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    sav and gam are both required, as one is no good without the other. Easiest to zip the entire 00000nnnn-savename folder rather than attach individual files (forum may also block sav / gam file extensions)
    I'm re-downloading the game right now on Steam. Saved my folder that had my most recent save.

Can't upload .RAR files or the files in single.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try zip as suggested rather than rar