Skip to content

Alternate City Tileset compatible with CEP

Pretty much what It sounds like, are there any city tilesets compatible with CEP? preferably that don't override the default City Tileset?

Thank you!

Comments

• dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    The C.R.A.P. tilesets are compatible with CEP and have some excellent alternatives for city forest sewer and caves. Just add cep_crp hak to the bottom and add the tilesets below.
  • PhantomizerPhantomizer Member Posts: 76
    dTd said:

The C.R.A.P. tilesets are compatible with CEP and have some excellent alternatives for city forest sewer and caves. Just add cep_crp hak to the bottom and add the tilesets below.

Stupid question, but there's cep2_crp and cep2_crp_S, which one do I use and what are the tilesets packaged with the CEP?
    edited April 2018
    the s is for scripts, not that one :) The tilesets packaged with cep are some new and additions to the default tielsets, crap is new as well and some edits to defaults, that one hak allows them all to work together. You'll also need the crap tileset haks from the vault. Names are crpcity, crpdungeon, crprural and crpwilderness.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited April 2018
    The optional "add tiles" feature of CEP doesn't override the default city, but does add features like alleys, and three additonal sets of tiles. Two sets are reskins of the classic set (gothic grey and yellowish stone). The third bonus set is Sigil. You can even have all four sets in one area, separated by water.

There are many other city tilesets on the Vault (most popular shown first). Most of the non-overriding ones are compatible with CEP, because they generally don't have any files in common. A few have their own doors, in which case a minor text edit to the CEP door 2da files is necessary to take full advantage of those assets.

If there is a reskin you really like, it's a fairly simple edit to turn it into a non-replacing tileset, which will be compatible with CEP.
    dTd said:

the s is for scripts, not that one :) The tilesets packaged with cep are some new and additions to the default tielsets, crap is new as well and some edits to defaults, that one hak allows them all to work together. You'll also need the crap tileset haks from the vault. Names are crpcity, crpdungeon, crprural and crpwilderness.

I had a feeling It were those, but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks a lot, I'll look them over tonight.

Just add them under the CEP haks? any particular order?
    Proleric said:

The optional "add tiles" feature of CEP doesn't override the default city, but does add features like alleys, and three additonal sets of tiles. Two sets are reskins of the classic set (gothic grey and yellowish stone). The third bonus set is Sigil. You can even have all four sets in one area, separated by water.

There are many other city tilesets on the Vault (most popular shown first). Most of the non-overriding ones are compatible with CEP, because they generally don't have any files in common. A few have their own doors, in which case a minor text edit to the CEP door 2da files is necessary to take full advantage of those assets.

If there is a reskin you really like, it's a fairly simple edit to turn it into a non-replacing tileset, which will be compatible with CEP.

Thanks for the Input, that'll be my next course of action, should the CRP tilesets not suit my needs!

dTd said:

I had a feeling It were those, but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks a lot, I'll look them over tonight.

Just add them at the bottom, order doesn't matter.
    dTd said:

dTd said:

Just add them at the bottom, order doesn't matter.
    TY!