Skip to content

Reskinning fun

raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
Well I decided to jump in and create a new model by reskinning an existing one. It was fun and challenging to figure out.

Here is what I came up with. Still working on finding out where to put it in a 2da as not to upset the CEP apple cart.

edit: also trying to figure out Normal and Spectacular Maps. Oh and I call it a "Madotaur".

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    In the CEP appearance.2da, the unused lines explicitly say whether they are reserved for CEP or User content. You can use any of the latter. Copy an existing minotaur line as a template, paste to your chosen line (but don't change the line number) then change the appearance name & model name.
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    @Proleric Thanks, I will try that next.

Just to see what this monster looked like in game. I used the override option. Here is a looksie.

Ok here is a pic of the madotaur and the minotaur together using the CEP.

I will try and get a CEP top hak and a non cep hak uploaded to the vault when I figure out how to do it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Am still working on figuring out Normal and Spectacular maps.

Looks like he's having a Porterhouse Blue... nice work!
    You are right. He is a little blue. But from the first picture I thought it would be more black than blue, but alas the shaders must be doing something. So here is a Black and Blue.

Just kidding... blue was cool... though black is nice, too...
    Proleric said:

Just kidding... blue was cool... though black is nice, too...

Oh I know you were kidding. But from the first pic that I posted viewed in NWNExplorer. I honestly thought it would look closer to black w/blue chest highlights. I am working on getting it to the way I want it to look.
    Ok, here is all three, "blue", "black" and "black and blue (work in progress)"